OT: PawnStars, Pickers, StorageWars | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: PawnStars, Pickers, StorageWars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I watch Pawn Stars when I want to see people get ripped off. I watch Pickers when I want to see two guys say something is worth far more than they eventually get. And I watch Storage Wars when I want to see scripted reality.

I watch all three.

There was a show on for a short time called Dirty Money that I really liked. Two brothers in New York picked items, repurposed a few, and then sold them at a flee market.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/dirty-money-full-steam-ahead-videos/

Pawn Stars is my favorite. I know there's scripting and prompting going on behind the scenes, but it's fun to see people way overvalue their stuff or pretend that they want a certain amount when in reality they'd take $5.

I'm curious as to how much money is exchanged off-camera for the appraisers, people pawning the stuff and the owners.

Love it when the appraiser comes in and values something at $1,000 and then watch the person negotiate for $450. No one is forcing them to pawn their items right there at that time.

Reaction Score
I don't know all that much about these shows, but I have a friend who can come by and tell me all about them...

Reaction Score
After watching these shows, then Diners Drive-ins and Dives is as Boneyard as it can get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom