OT: Pats-Jets sham. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Jets sham.

Reaction Score
Well as long as you say so, I'm switching my AFC Allegiance. :rolleyes:

There is a flip side to your coin. If this call was made vs. the Pats, every non-Patriots fan would post the camera angles definitively showing the fumble and that the ballcarrier did not re-establish possession. I think the correct call was made, I would have also said the spot of the ball was inconclusive and given the Jets the ball back inside the 1-yard line, ala the Champ Bailey play linked above.

When did he not regain possession? His knee touched down inbounds when he had the ball cradled in his arms while the ball was over the goal line. It was ruled a TD on the field. There was nothing CONCLUSIVE enough to show that it was not a touchdown. Even if they didn't wanna give him the TD then it should've been inside the one yard line. How it makes sense to give the ball to the Pats baffles me. But then again its the NFL where catches aren't catches, player safety is only sometimes important, and no one knows what a touchdown is.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Patriot fans absolutely would say thats a TD if it happened to them. They would complain about the PI call and the Helmet to Helmet hit too. But alas, Patriot fans continue being the worst fans in the NFL. Thats a TD plain and simple. They are probably the same people that say Megatron never caught that ball too. That was a helmet to helmet hit that has been called COUNTLESS times this season and seasons past. Can one of you buffoons explain how Gronk did not commit PI on that play? Did not grab Jamals helmet/facemask? Did he not yank it towards him? Did he not get his hands all over Jamal Adams? Come on now... you can gloat about getting the calls and be happy you got the win but don't be stupid enough to actually try and defend it. Thats what makes Patriots fans the worst.
To redeem Pat fans I'll just gloat.

Gloat! GLOAT! Obnoxious gloating. Gloating obnoxiously.

Bad call. Horrible call. Refs paid by Emmert.

Gloat and more gloat. Gloat Fest.

I hope this elevates Pat fans over Cuse fans.

Reaction Score
Absolutely he did.

You're one of those people that are fine with Manny and Papi taking steroids and winning a tainted World Series because "everybody takes steroids!!!".
Nope. I'm just saying that all the vitriol being spewed towards the Pats is quite ironic coming from a fan base whose legendary Coach, one of the greatest of all time, is also a "cheater" by the strictest definition of the word. Yet i don't see anyone on here giving JC reems of . Just let it die....you don't like the Patriots, fine. But calling them cheaters is as bad as what the Syracuse fans think of UConn. Think about that for a second. It's incredibly hypocritical of THIS particular fan base to be constantly whining about the Patriots and the Red Sox when they have their own teams in common that "cheated" too (ie, UConn, the Yankees with their own steroid users, etc).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nope. I'm just saying that all the vitriol being spewed towards the Pats is quite ironic coming from a fan base whose legendary Coach, one of the greatest of all time, is also a "cheater" by the strictest definition of the word. Yet i don't see anyone on here giving JC reems of . Just let it die....you don't like the Patriots, fine. But calling them cheaters is as bad as what the Syracuse fans think of UConn. Think about that for a second. It's incredibly hypocritical of THIS particular fan base to be constantly whining about the Patriots and the Red Sox when they have their own teams in common that "cheated" too (ie, UConn, the Yankees with their own steroid users, etc).

Syracuse like the Patriots both cheated way more frequently and way more severely than Calhoun. Now get some facts and come back and see me.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Syracuse like the Patriots both cheated way more frequently and way more severely than Calhoun. Now get some facts and come back and see me.
But not as much as UNC or Loserville. I see you and raise you two.

August_West

Reaction Score
But not as much as UNC or Loserville. I see you and raise you two.

true. So tell that to your fellow pats fan uconngb who is trying to make some insane false equvalency.

Reaction Score
Get off the board with this ridiculous bullscalito you goshdarn clown.

August_West

Reaction Score
Don't you create a false equivalency and declare he's mine because we root for the same team.
touche
giphy.gif

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When did he not regain possession? His knee touched down inbounds when he had the ball cradled in his arms while the ball was over the goal line. It was ruled a TD on the field. There was nothing CONCLUSIVE enough to show that it was not a touchdown. Even if they didn't wanna give him the TD then it should've been inside the one yard line. How it makes sense to give the ball to the Pats baffles me. But then again its the NFL where catches aren't catches, player safety is only sometimes important, and no one knows what a touchdown is.
When a play is reviewed, the entire play is reviewed. The replay official clearly saw fumble. Apparantly they did not see the restablishing of possession.

At the end of the day however, I agree that the ball should have spotted inside the 1.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Let’s just generalize all pats fans as delusional morons....geez. I’m a pats fan and I’m still baffled they overturned that, doesn’t in any way mean the Jets would’ve won the game though. It definitely would’ve changed how the last quarter went strategy wise. Say what you want but it was a ridiculous overturn based on it called a touchdown on the field that just happened to benefit the pats and tbh I wish it didn’t because this backlash is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Backlash is over the top. I take it all as a compliment if the Patriots didn't win so much nobody would give a rats ass. Comes with the territory but if your a pats fan your a moron. Ok then.

Reaction Score
Backlash is over the top. I take it all as a compliment if the Patriots didn't win so much nobody would give a rats ass. Comes with the territory but if your a pats fan your a moron. Ok then.

I don't think the "if you're a Pats fan you're a moron" is all that true lol, but if you all decide that every time decides to question a call in your game it's because the Pats are so good then it says a lot. They're only talking about this play all over the country so think so much of yourselves. You sound like uconngb, not good when it's Pats talk.

Reaction Score
He’s the color guy for the team’s broadcast of course he’s a homer. Jesus be less irritated

The guy is out of line and is a joke. I didn't ask you to read it, the only time I've heard the man and it's ridiculous to allow him to be that way even on their own network. I left a Giants-Pats Super Bowl party because emy buddies brother had something loud to say every play agains the Giants, hold-interference-hold - this guy is a professional and on the radio he is my buddies brother. Sorry I was amazed anyone could be that awful, just expressing what I heard in 10 minutes of whining.

Hope this wasn't too much for you? LOL

Reaction Score
The guy is out of line and is a joke. I didn't ask you to read it, the only time I've heard the man and it's ridiculous to allow him to be that way even on their own network. I left a Giants-Pats Super Bowl party because emy buddies brother had something loud to say every play agains the Giants, hold-interference-hold - this guy is a professional and on the radio he is my buddies brother. Sorry I was amazed anyone could be that awful, just expressing what I heard in 10 minutes of whining.

Well Patriot fans like him and could literally care less you get yourself in a mess over him. So yeah.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Don't drag our beloved coach through the mud in an attempt to protect your precious Patriots. Calhoun =/= Belichick

Reaction Score
Well Patriot fans like him and could literally care less you get yourself in a mess over him. So yeah.

Pats fans around here don’t ..... no mess just words which you seem to be getting a mess over . I don’t care now will never listen again anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Jets fan, and I'm not a Pat hater. I finally just now saw videos and stills of that play for the first time. That may be the worst call in NFL history. Ok maybe not, but to overturn the call on the field based on that was pretty weak.

Reaction Score
I don't think the "if you're a Pats fan you're a moron" is all that true lol, but if you all decide that every time decides to question a call in your game it's because the Pats are so good then it says a lot. They're only talking about this play all over the country so think so much of yourselves. You sound like uconngb, not good when it's Pats talk.

The thing is that Pats fans recognize that people like you are only making a big deal of the call because the Pats happened to be the beneficiary.

Reaction Score

Funny coming from a fan of the team that employs John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. Stop trying to feign outrage at a team commentator being a homer for that team.

Reaction Score
Funny coming from a fan of the team that employs John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. Stop trying to feign outrage at a team commentator being a homer for that team.

I realize you can't read well as a moron, (..Makes John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman refreshing LOL) but I did mention how truly bad Sterling and Waldman were, but again WAY short of this guy.

Reaction Score
I realize you can't read well as a moron, (..Makes John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman refreshing LOL) but I did mention how truly bad Sterling and Waldman were, but again WAY short of this guy.

Zolak is a big homer, sure, he played for the team. He doesn't have anything on his resume that even compares to any of Sterling's more colorful home run calls or "thaaaaaaa-aaaaa Yankees win!", and nothing in the same stratosphere as ol Suzie's emotional breakdown when Clemens came back.

Still though, why are you detracting from the original point? Stop trying to feign outrage at a local commentator being a homer for the team he works for, especially when one of your teams employs 2 of the foremost authorities on shameless homerism. You're used to this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom