OT: Pats-Jets sham. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Jets sham.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you think that was helmet to helmet, then basically every single play in an NFL game is a penalty. Which by the rules, it probably is. But give me a break. He hit him down by his underarm. The receive had dropped his head. What is the defender supposed to do? Stop whining Jets fans. You lost. It was not the officials fault. It was the fact that the Jets could not hold a 14 point lead at home. Same old Jets.

He hit him in the facemask

August_West

Reaction Score
I actually think it's funnier to sit back and watch non-Pat fans come up with reasons why every Patriot win/championship/SuperBowl, etc is somehow tainted. Deflategate.my goodness. You know they won that game 28-ZIP in the second half with the "real" footballs, right? And the final score was 45-7?? Some big advantage they got for that "cheating". Wonder what the score would have been if the footballs were "properly inflated" in the first half.maybe 60-0?? Love the jealousy, keep it coming!!
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
He hit him in the facemask
He hit him in the middle of his chest. The receiver dropped his head causing his facemask to be hit. Happens on probably 50% of the plays in football. Wasn't like he got speared in the helmet.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I was at the game so some things I better than the at home crowd and some I didn't. Yes Buster Skrine is a penalty machine. But PI can be called on more plays than it actually is called on. The non touchdown call was a sham. The Patriots run pick plays all the time. The Jets let up at 14-0 and you can't let Brady back in the game so shame on them and there were some bad (non) calls for both sides.

Most college game are unwatchable because it's like I'm watching someone play Madden and the pro game is getting unwatchable because even with replay the officiating is awful.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Initially, I thought it was TD and went back to watching the Redskins and Redzone. I looked up again and saw they were reviewing it, so I rewound the DVR and became less convinced. In reading @HuskyHawk today, I think the ref's made the right call based solely on the letter of the rule (of course, I'm in the tank for the Patriots, but still...)

Seferian-Jenkins clearly looses possession of the ball when he was in the air. Neither hand is in contact with it and it is rotating. The ball hitting the ground is not stipulated in the rule book. If he has to re-establish possession within the field of play, that means two points of contact inbounds in the NFL. Only the inside side of the pylon is considered inbounds. So even if that is contact point #1, Seferian-Jenkins' left foot clearly lands on the white a split second prior to his head careening off the endzone turf.

Is it an awful rule? No (It's not what is considered a "football move" for example). Is it an awful call? Not according to the letter of the rule. On the other hand, I would have probably split the baby and put the ball on the 1 inch or 1/2 foot line, as it is unclear whether the ball crossed the goal line inbounds...say like this play.

I mean the Jets never have these calls go their way. They are truly snake bitten

Only the Patriots get these calls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I actually think it's funnier to sit back and watch non-Pat fans come up with reasons why every Patriot win/championship/SuperBowl, etc is somehow tainted. Deflategate.my goodness. You know they won that game 28-ZIP in the second half with the "real" footballs, right? And the final score was 45-7?? Some big advantage they got for that "cheating". Wonder what the score would have been if the footballs were "properly inflated" in the first half.maybe 60-0?? Love the jealousy, keep it coming!!

Regardless of the score, it doesn't mean they didn't cheat.

Reaction Score
Funny I was driving back from RI and my wife wanted to know the Pats score so threw 1080 on first time ever for a Pats game, I have no reason otherwise. While I was listening to the game I realized people have said Scott Zolak is a stooge so I keep listening. I found this guy so hilarious and entertaining because never in my lifetime had I thought that anyone could approach Johnny Most and/or Tommy Heinsohn in homerooms, never ever. This makes those guys look like they like the other team, he's AWFUL. I had to listen to point out to my wife what a total idiot he is and how he doesn't even know there's another team on the field, it's actually gross.

Sorry Fartman but he can't sum up anything perfectly his agenda is beyond anyone else with a mic in front of them. Jet's turned it over in the first half and the Pats were down 14-0, maybe just 7-0 and he roars out "There you go clock strikes midnight, the REAL Jets are showing up.that's the Jets we all know and love" I mean I wish I could remember the others. Everytime there's an incomplete pass by Brady "the league has to do something about how they allow other teams to play the Pats receivers this is getting ridiculous"

Biggest tool ever to be allowed to do a broadcast, and easily too. Makes John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman refreshing LOL

Zolak is the worst of both worlds. If something positive happens, he's an obnoxious front runner, but the second something goes wrong, the sky is falling and he's in full panic mode - The offense is out of sync, the defense can't cover or tackle, this player is a bust, etc. Then he flips back to being an arrogant jerk when it looks like a win is assured.

He also takes away from the broadcast with his constant yapping during the play by play. An example from yesterday's game that ended up being an incomplete pass: PBP: "There's a long pass down field to Sefarian-Jenkins! McCourty is in coverage!" Then there's a pause to see what unfolds. During the pause, Zolak quickly says "He got it." Listening on the radio, you're left wondering who "got it?" The receiver? The defender? Did he mean it was deflected? Then the PBP guy comes back to describe how the pass was broken up. It was only a couple of seconds, but when the radio guys are your link to the game, saying vague, unnecessary things doesn't help.

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's correct. The lack of any shred of concrete evidence means they didn't cheat, but that's all moot. No one is changing anyone else's mind on that.

Reaction Score
Whether they cheated or didn't, it didn't effect the outcome of the game.

And they didn't. But all you haters can keep shooting your slings and arrows and conspiracy theories. The Pats will keep shining their Lombardi trophies.

And as I've said a million times, if you think the Pats cheated, then you must think that Calhoun cheated. Can't have it both ways.

August_West

Reaction Score
Whether they cheated or didn't, it didn't effect the outcome of the game.

And they didn't. But all you haters can keep shooting your slings and arrows and conspiracy theories. The Pats will keep shining their Lombardi trophies.

And as I've said a million times, if you think the Pats cheated, then you must think that Calhoun cheated. Can't have it both ways.

Yes to both. Pats cheated more.

Reaction Score
Funny I was driving back from RI and my wife wanted to know the Pats score so threw 1080 on first time ever for a Pats game, I have no reason otherwise. While I was listening to the game I realized people have said Scott Zolak is a stooge so I keep listening. I found this guy so hilarious and entertaining because never in my lifetime had I thought that anyone could approach Johnny Most and/or Tommy Heinsohn in homerooms, never ever. This makes those guys look like they like the other team, he's AWFUL. I had to listen to point out to my wife what a total idiot he is and how he doesn't even know there's another team on the field, it's actually gross.

Sorry Fartman but he can't sum up anything perfectly his agenda is beyond anyone else with a mic in front of them. Jet's turned it over in the first half and the Pats were down 14-0, maybe just 7-0 and he roars out "There you go clock strikes midnight, the REAL Jets are showing up.that's the Jets we all know and love" I mean I wish I could remember the others. Everytime there's an incomplete pass by Brady "the league has to do something about how they allow other teams to play the Pats receivers this is getting ridiculous"

Biggest tool ever to be allowed to do a broadcast, and easily too. Makes John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman refreshing LOL
He’s the color guy for the team’s broadcast of course he’s a homer. Jesus be less irritated

Reaction Score
Here we go again. Some posts have said there done with football. So the patriots have this power? For real!!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
So correct me if I'm wrong.... the pats didn't tape the rams walkthrough the day before the Superbowl?
No need to correct you, Marshall. They did not. There is also no need for the question mark.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Absolutely he did.

You're one of those people that are fine with Manny and Papi taking steroids and winning a tainted World Series because "everybody takes steroids!!!".

August_West

Reaction Score
It was a good call.

You know why everyone is freaking out? Because the CBS crew only showed the real angle ONCE! And they repeatedly showed the inconclusive angle over and over. From the angle from the back of the end zone, you could see the ball the entire time until he went down on the sideline. It was loose. Fumbled.

There's a reason they overturned the call. But the dummies at CBS only showed it once coming out of the timeout.

And it's laughable that everyone is incensed based on an inconclusive angle.

This reminds me of the World Cup 2014 penalty called on Ivory Coast against Greece. It knocked them out of the WC. Everyone was up in arms because of the replays on ESPN showed the Greek player stubbing his toe and going down. Of course, recordings from the back showed the defender taking his other leg out.

Before criticizing the NFL official, make sure you're looking at what he was. Because if you saw this on CBS or ESPN, you're not basing it on the same thing.

How shocked am I that this is your take?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reaction Score
Patriot fans absolutely would say thats a TD if it happened to them. They would complain about the PI call and the Helmet to Helmet hit too. But alas, Patriot fans continue being the worst fans in the NFL. Thats a TD plain and simple. They are probably the same people that say Megatron never caught that ball too. That was a helmet to helmet hit that has been called COUNTLESS times this season and seasons past. Can one of you buffoons explain how Gronk did not commit PI on that play? Did not grab Jamals helmet/facemask? Did he not yank it towards him? Did he not get his hands all over Jamal Adams? Come on now... you can gloat about getting the calls and be happy you got the win but don't be stupid enough to actually try and defend it. Thats what makes Patriots fans the worst.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Patriot fans absolutely would say thats a TD if it happened to them. They would complain about the PI call and the Helmet to Helmet hit too. But alas, Patriot fans continue being the worst fans in the NFL. Thats a TD plain and simple. They are probably the same people that say Megatron never caught that ball too. That was a helmet to helmet hit that has been called COUNTLESS times this season and seasons past. Can one of you buffoons explain how Gronk did not commit PI on that play? Did not grab Jamals helmet/facemask? Did he not yank it towards him? Did he not get his hands all over Jamal Adams? Come on now... you can gloat about getting the calls and be happy you got the win but don't be stupid enough to actually try and defend it. Thats what makes Patriots fans the worst.
Well as long as you say so, I'm switching my AFC Allegiance. :rolleyes:

There is a flip side to your coin. If this call was made vs. the Pats, every non-Patriots fan would post the camera angles definitively showing the fumble and that the ballcarrier did not re-establish possession. I think the correct call was made, I would have also said the spot of the ball was inconclusive and given the Jets the ball back inside the 1-yard line, ala the Champ Bailey play linked above.

August_West

Reaction Score

Heres the kicker to that. If the same things happened to the Pats yesterday it wouldve been a Roger Goodell conspiracy they are crying about in addition to the officials.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom