OT: - Pats 0-16 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats 0-16

Reaction Score
Pats 13-3. Chiefs probably same record, they are super bowl contenders.

I sure hope that Berry injury isn't as bad as it appears. He's probably the player on that team they can least afford to lose.

Reaction Score
I sure hope that Berry injury isn't as bad as it appears. He's probably the player on that team they can least afford to lose.

Yeah, that guy is a heck of a player and terrific story, as well. He was injured shortly after Tyreek Hill left the game with muscle cramps. When they showed the replay of Berry going down, I thought "Maybe he cramped up, too." As the announcers pointed out, though, they don't take you off on a cart for a leg cramp. Really too bad.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You spelled 18-0 incorrectly, bro.

That'd be difficult. The team most likely to beat Miami s perfect season record of 17-0, will have to wait until next year. It the little things in life that make life worth living.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
3rd achilles in 3 years for KC. Mike Devito, derrick johnson and now eric berry.

EB had gronk on lock down.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Listen. As a non-Pats fan, you sit down and watch a game and that pre-game ceremony with Kraft and Wahlberg and the insufferable fans....only to then let them get their teeth kicked in? It was a thing of beauty. I have giggled all day at the thought of the car rides home down 495 later that night.

God forbid someone celebrates their Superbowl Deep. Never happens anywhere else...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Pats played like crap. Happens not irregularly at the start of most seasons. We'll see. With injuries retirements and turnover, I wasn't quite sold on the D prior to the start. It usually takes our D a while anyway.

Poor Chiefs tho. Got a big road win and then lose Eric Berry for the season with a ruptured achilles. Huge blow. Best I've ever seen anyone matchup cover Gronk.

Reaction Score
Pats played like crap. Happens not irregularly at the start of most seasons. We'll see. With injuries retirements and turnover, I wasn't quite sold on the D prior to the start. It usually takes our D a while anyway.

Poor Chiefs tho. Got a big road win and then lose Eric Berry for the season with a ruptured achilles. Huge blow. Best I've ever seen anyone matchup cover Gronk.
Defense and Brady killed themselves last night. His throws were sailing like crazy, ended the night with a 35 passer rating.

And how does any defense let Alex Smith go off for a 150 passer rating on the way to yielding like 550 total yards, opening night, at home? Sure as hell ain't no super bowl defense right now

Definitely sucks regarding Berry but Hunt looks like a serious player. 150 yards in his first game after fumbling his first NFL carry

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Defense and Brady killed themselves last night. His throws were sailing like crazy, ended the night with a 35 passer rating.

McDaniels play calling blew. He outsmarts himself at times, and w all the knew weapons available, I think that happened. Called way to many needless deep shots. One go route to Dorsett was borderline asinine. Guy's been there less than a week. And banging gillislee on two 4th and < 1yds was dumb. Kid's not legarratte Blount. McDaniel'll figure it out. He better.

Brady's still not in sink w most of these dudes. Which is why the loss of Julien Edelman is more significant than people are giving credit for. It will take time to build that trust. Add Amendola going out w a concussion, and you've got a turd sandwich.

Also def credit Chiefs D. Guys weren't open much of the night, even on completions.

And how does any defense let Alex Smith go off for a 150 passer rating on the way to yielding like 550 total yards, opening night, at home? Sure as hell ain't no super bowl defense right now

Rarely is to start the year. They always seem to get drubbed a couple times early. I've definitely learned over the years is that the pats D takes awhile to gel, but for the most part, eventually does.

I was probably more disappointed in their run D. Got absolutely gashed, and that allowed Smith to really open it up.

One things for sure, outside of special teams, the Pats were NOT ready yesterday. Chiefs were.

Definitely sucks regarding Berry but Hunt looks like a serious player. 150 yards in his first game after fumbling his first NFL carry

Really impressed w both Hunt and Hill. Looks like Hill worked on his hands all offseason. Could be a real all around breakout player this year.

Reaction Score
You've been pretty astute over the years, but this is waaaaaay off.
There were many problems for the Pats last night - - Brady was not one of them. I've watched virtually every pass of his career. He's had bad games before, no doubt, but last night was 90% about his receivers being unable to create separation.
And the problem with the receivers was substantially due to Edelman being out. His worth to this team as a slot receiver was on full display last night. Without him creating instant 5-8 yard routes for Brady, they were forced to look vertical - don't blame play calling - you can only do so much with what you have. Amendola did his best, but he's no JE11.
Counting the Pats out after 1 game is foolish, of course, but perceptive Pat fans have to be concerned. The defense was awful - if it wasn't for that first fumble, the Chiefs might have hung 50 on them. Ouch.

All that written, my guess is this - the Chiefs are a top 3 team this year, and they are going to contend for a SB. Hunt was a beast. The rookie WR was really good. The core is there. The Achilles tear may be the difference between SB and close, however. What a shame. Love that coach. Class guy.

Reaction Score
I don't even know what to say about some of Cowherd's takes today but I was definitely rolling at the end with Chiefs:Mayweather:: Pats:McGregor

Reaction Score
You've been pretty astute over the years, but this is waaaaaay off.
There were many problems for the Pats last night - - Brady was not one of them. I've watched virtually every pass of his career. He's had bad games before, no doubt, but last night was 90% about his receivers being unable to create separation.
And the problem with the receivers was substantially due to Edelman being out. His worth to this team as a slot receiver was on full display last night. Without him creating instant 5-8 yard routes for Brady, they were forced to look vertical - don't blame play calling - you can only do so much with what you have. Amendola did his best, but he's no JE11.
If LeBron goes out there and goes 4/3/4 in a losing effort you'd rightfully rip him. Thomas Edward Brady* ended last night with a 35 passer rating.

I don't blame them for going vertical (never blamed the play calling), especially considering they have Robert Paxton Gronkowski* and Cooks who are excellent deep threats. Credit the KC D-line for limiting the run like they did, but with Amendola you can't act like Brady didn't have weapons. That's a good receiving trio for any team in the league. Not to mention he got overall excellent protection all night. He's Tom Brady; he should have done more.

But seriously, how could the Pats under William Stephen Belichick* and rocket scientist Patricia come out and play WORSE in the second half, where they were undone, all at home? Are you saying career bridesmaid Andy Reid out-coached them like that?

*I spell out their whole name in a kind of effort to stress that they are legends in their sport and will go down as the best, one of the best, and the best in history at their respective positions

Counting the Pats out after 1 game is foolish, of course, but perceptive Pat fans have to be concerned. The defense was awful - if it wasn't for that first fumble, the Chiefs might have hung 50 on them. Ouch.
Fortunately they play in what is this year especially awful division in an awful conference so they will still be there fighting for a bye at the end

Reaction Score
I love that the Chiefs are a Super Bowl contender here and all over FB for my Patriot friends from WesMass. Why suddenly? Oh I forgot they beat you so they must be, stupid me.

Pats fans are so cute.;)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I love that the Chiefs are a Super Bowl contender here and all over FB
for my Patriot friends from WesMass. Why suddenly? Oh I forgot they beat you so they must be, stupid me.

Pats fans are so cute.;)

There was too much overreact in that post.

They've seemed to be a trendy pick the last few years. I don't buy it. Especially without Berry. He's the key to that defense. Was huuuuge until he went out.

Alex Smith, despite the Pats making him look like an HOFer, ain't gonna win you the big games.

Reaction Score
There was too much overreact in that post.

They've seemed to be a trendy pick the last few years. I don't buy it. Especially without Berry. He's the key to that defense. Was huuuuge until he went out.

Alex Smith, despite the Pats making him look like an HOFer, ain't gonna win you the big games.
My girl asked me last night what his deal was and why she heard he was only gonna be around another year and I was explaining the Mahomes thing and part of it was yeah Smith is like Andy Dalton Plus. Will win you a few games, might get you deep in the playoffs here or there, but will never win you the big game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom