Patriots game | The Boneyard

Patriots game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know WTF happened at the end with the refs charging the pats a timeout? That time out would Of been huge in terms of them possibly getting the ball back. I also thing the automatic review system killed the pats. If that play just stood as a td the pats would of gotten the ball back with a chance to tie t up with a td.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As the TD was overturned with a tackle in the field of play, the game clock would have begun running as soon as the ball was set, which would have allowed the Bills to run nearly 40 seconds before snapping the ball if the Pats did not call a TO. The announcer was an idiot (and was more concerned with how his math on time remaining was wrong than he was on what was going on with the game) and didn't realize that Bellicheck likely called the TO after arguing on the TD reversal knowing he had to try to stop the clock (and my guess is hope the Bills tried to score on first down).

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
FCF is pretty much spot on. He probably wanted the play to be a TD and was likely arguing that the video wasn't conclusive, etc. Once he said his piece there he probably called the TO to stop the clock.

I made the drive for the two football games and it was incredible (big Bills fan). Here's hoping they don't come crashing down against the Bengals next week.

Reaction Score
FCF is pretty much spot on. He probably wanted the play to be a TD and was likely arguing that the video wasn't conclusive, etc. Once he said his piece there he probably called the TO to stop the clock.

I made the drive for the two football games and it was incredible (big Bills fan). Here's hoping they don't come crashing down against the Bengals next week.

Pretty much. Except if you watch, you can see him asking for a TO as soon as the call is reversed. He didn't get it. The ball was spotted and the clock started. He was livid that about 8 seconds came off of the clock and they wouldn't put it back on. Didn't make a lick of difference but that is why he was so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom