OT: - Patrick Baldwin Jr. to Milwaukee? | The Boneyard

OT: Patrick Baldwin Jr. to Milwaukee?

Reaction Score
Top-five 2021 recruit Patrick Baldwin been getting mixed crystal ball picks to Duke and Milwaukee.

His dad has been the head coach at Milwaukee for the last four season (just 26-45 in Horizon play), but having his son join will be a huge boon for the school and recruiting as a whole.

The school also returns 6'5 215 senior wing DeAndre Gholston (16.8p, 5.2r, 37.4 3p%) so if Baldwin signs they'd have arguably the best two forwards in mid-majors.

Obviously rooting for Baldwin to spurn Duke and play for his hometown team! No updates on when he might sign, but 247's Travis Branham signed off on a Milwaukee crystal ball on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I'm sure he's a lottery pick no matter where he goes. Would be fun to see an uber-talented freshman on a small conference team in the NCAAs (unless they're matched up against UConn of course).

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago, was it Ray McCallum? Went to Detroit I believe to play for his dad and he was a top 30 or so 5*. Didn't have that great a career actually.

I always think it's weird if a kid DOESN'T strongly consider playing for his dad, but these kids' dads usually find a way on a P5 staff as a temporary "assistant."

I think it would be really cool if big time recruits started going more mid-major but I know it's unlikely except one-offs.

Reaction Score
I always think it's weird if a kid DOESN'T strongly consider playing for his dad, but these kids' dads usually find a way on a P5 staff as a temporary "assistant."
His dad has been the head coach of Milwaukee for a few seasons. Quite different than, say, Cunningham's brother coaching as an assistant at Oklahoma State.

Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago, was it Ray McCallum? Went to Detroit I believe to play for his dad and he was a top 30 or so 5*. Didn't have that great a career actually.

I think it would be really cool if big time recruits started going more mid-major but I know it's unlikely except one-offs.
Still worked out well for him though - made a few million in the NBA and is at 1 million+ a year overseas since 2016. His biggest issue was that he never developed a 3 point shot (29% over 3 years) which doesn't help when you're a 6'2 combo guard. Think Baldwin is a better basketball player and obviously won the genetic lottery as well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
His dad has been the head coach of Milwaukee for a few seasons. Quite different than, say, Cunningham's brother coaching as an assistant at Oklahoma State.

Yup, exactly my point. Agreed.

And even if he is about to get fired, he won't get fired until his son is gone.

Reaction Score
Yea I think he ends up playing for his dad. From what I’ve been reading on his recruitment the feeling is no one would be able to put him in a better position to succeed on and off the court than his pops, and that no one knows his game like his pops and that along with the family sentiments has him leaning towards playin for Pops which I think is awesome. The kid is a special player, ELITE

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Might create some buzz for UWM in the 414 that hasn't existed since Bruce took them to the Sweet 16 then bolted for Tennessee.

Sounds like he's announcing tomorrow...

Reaction Score

The Horizon will be an interesting mid-major this year:
  • Wright State: Top-75 team led by 6'7 junior bucket-getter Tanner Holden (15.8 ppg).
  • Cleveland State: Coach Dennis Gates is the young coach next in line for a bigger job. An all-senior starting lineup and eight seniors in their rotation. Torrey Patton is their stud (14.7 ppg, 8r).
  • Milwaukee: Patrick Baldwin and DeAndre Gholston one of the best forward combos in mid-majors
  • Northern Kentucky: Faulkner/Warren average a combined 32.5 ppg.
  • Detroit: Last season for volume scorer Antoine Davis. They bring in DJ Harvey too.
  • Oakland: Greg Kampe still doing his thing. Senior PG Jalen Moore is a ton of fun and they bring in Marquette's Jamal Cain.
  • UIC: Luke Yaklich entering 2nd year at the helm. Triple-double threat senior Teyvion Kirk (14.2p, 6.8r, 5.6a) is their stud and incoming freshman Jace Carter is the program's highest rated recruit ever.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom