PATIENCE | The Boneyard

PATIENCE

Reaction Score
This is a young and inexperienced team, I’m actually surprised at how well they’re doing. Any neutral basketball aficionado would say that this is a well-coached team, and, considering the relative youth and the lack of a marquee player (s), they’re probably playing, in general, about as good as they can; and they should only get better as the season progresses. CD is beginning to play at an elite level and, at times, can carry the team on her back - there are very few teams in WCB that can say that. MW is solid in just about every area - she hit some big shots last night despite having a relatively quiet 1st half; she’s been a demon on the boards and she played some tough D last night when guarding a player that was much bigger and stronger. CW’s offense is beginning to come together and you can see her confidence grow in the last 4 or 5 games. ONO is extraordinarily talented and, to her credit, hasn’t let the Baylor game stop her from improving each game since. And ‘bigs’ usually take longer to develop; she’ll be more effective and impactful as the season progresses. AM has a great skill set and basketball IQ - you can see her advanced court awareness by some of her passes; when she starts hitting 3’s consistently, her overall game should blossom. AG is potential personified; she’ll continue to go through freshman ups and downs, but there’ll be games where her contributions will be the difference between wins and losses. I imagine that they may lose another 2 or 3 games in the regular season. But, they won’t fold. How far this team will go in the postseason is anyone’s guess; I’m enjoying each game and watching this team come together through the normal ups and downs of developing, and eventually, embracing their own identity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom