Pat Forde's Article on Final 4 and Scandals | The Boneyard

Pat Forde's Article on Final 4 and Scandals

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He is such a s--- stirrer. Just glad we're no longer the flavor of the month.

I think Roy Williams may be a psychopath. The force with which he denies that the cheating involved ANY basketball players EVER is a sign of someone who lies easily. Either that, or that dumb rube act is totally real.

It's also pretty clear, UNC deliberately submitted additional information at the beginning of the season to postpone the NCAA from having to make any ruling that could have jeopardized their season. I also think the whole "Self-punishment" thing is complete garbage. Why should a school have the right to pick when they should be punished as to whenever it would be convenient for them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's also pretty clear, UNC deliberately submitted additional information at the beginning of the season to postpone the NCAA from having to make any ruling that could have jeopardized their season. I also think the whole "Self-punishment" thing is complete garbage. Why should a school have the right to pick when they should be punished as to whenever it would be convenient for them.
Almost as big a travesty as creating a rule and ruling on it retroactively. And the rule is ridiculous because it does the exact opposite of what these transgressions are purportedly about. It punishes schools who have kids take classes. I'm waiting for the article that puts it all together.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Cuse's self ban would have been fine if they had any chance at an at large bid that year. They didn't, they knew it, so the banned themselves from a post season that they weren't going to play in anyway. That's the point of all this.

Reaction Score
Cuse's self ban would have been fine if they had any chance at an at large bid that year. They didn't, they knew it, so the banned themselves from a post season that they weren't going to play in anyway. That's the point of all this.

I think it's worse than this.

If you are banned in a future year, you lose recruits and your seniors are allowed to transfer.

In other words, you are damaged. You not only lose the banned year, but you lose players.

Reaction Score
The best part is how that additional information only had to do with women's teams.

As if we're supposed to believe the football and men's hoops teams were squeaky clean despite the rampant cheating on the women's side.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought the article was OK, but really lacking in anything hard hitting. What does he think should have happened. How about the impotence of the NCAA? I appreciate the premise of the article, but he went soft and easy on both schools.

Reaction Score
I think it's worse than this.

If you are banned in a future year, you lose recruits and your seniors are allowed to transfer.

In other words, you are damaged. You not only lose the banned year, but you lose players.

To be honest, last year's Cuse and this year's Cuse were about equivalent. Last year maybe could have snuck in too. This year's team was by no means a Final Four threat until they actually went ahead and did it.

The key is what you say - Gbinije and Cooney could have done an Oriakhi and played their final year somewhere else without penalty. Richardson and Lydon probably could have backed out of their LOIs if they wanted to. Rakeem Christmas had to fall on the sword his senior year and they were able to basically maintain things the way they were going. Losing a couple scholarships hurts a little, but they don't go very deep anyway.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is such a s--- stirrer. Just glad we're no longer the flavor of the month.

I think Roy Williams may be a psychopath. The force with which he denies that the cheating involved ANY basketball players EVER is a sign of someone who lies easily. Either that, or that dumb rube act is totally real.

Lying seems to be a trait with ACC coaches

Reaction Score
Almost as big a travesty as creating a rule and ruling on it retroactively. And the rule is ridiculous because it does the exact opposite of what these transgressions are purportedly about. It punishes schools who have kids take classes. I'm waiting for the article that puts it all together.

I have this disgusting feeling that I assume a lot of others have that when its all said and done, the NCAA will be like "well UNC clearly had a lot of major issues, but its all solved and fixed going forward, so rather than punish kids who are doing school work now...."

The self punishment thing is just completely disgusting to me, as well as Boeheim crying that his punishment would result in a negative view of the team by the selection committee. You weren't out with gall stones scumbag, you were punished by the NCAA for violations, if the team suffers as a result... DONT GET YOURSELF PUNISHED!

Reaction Score

Don't hold your breath. It will only come from one of us. If Jeff Jacobs gets his head out of his *** for a few minutes, maybe he'd take it up, but his preference seems to be to needle JC and the program, so it's doubtful he'll defend us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom