Pat Congratulates The Huskies | The Boneyard

Pat Congratulates The Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
LINK

"Congratulations to the UConn Huskies for winning the 2014 NCAA national championship," Summitt said. "My compliments also to coach Geno Auriemma for winning his ninth national title. He has accomplished this feat in record time with the help of some incredibly talented student-athletes and staff members.

"My best to each and every one of them. Enjoy the moment and cherish the memories."

Reaction Score
When leaving Nashville, Geno should just go ahead and head east on I40; the Hall of Fame is a waiting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice and classy gesture by Pat. Side note - i'm so tired of Orange fans continuing with the moronic insanity that Geno is a cheater and lacks class. Fortunately, no one but their fans are buying that crap any more, and for them it's like peeing into a very strong wind.

Reaction Score
Nice and classy gesture by Pat. Side note - i'm so tired of Orange fans continuing with the moronic insanity that Geno is a cheater and lacks class. Fortunately, no one but them are buying that crap any more and for them it's like peeing into a very strong wind.

Agreed. I thought her ending with "Cherish the Memories" was quite appropriate and poignant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, Eric I totally agree..... we try to take the high road..... but i went in this morning and checked the forum.... same old tired stuff..... cheating etc..... but it is funny.... not a single mention of Bruce Pearl.....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nice and classy gesture by Pat. Side note - i'm so tired of Orange fans continuing with the moronic insanity that Geno is a cheater and lacks class. Fortunately, no one but their fans are buying that crap any more, and for them it's like peeing into a very strong wind.
Sadly, Muffet did not help that at all this week.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Very nice gesture by Pat. 'Cherish the memories' indeed!

Reaction Score
I think the class issue was put to bed last night. Doris and Dave calling the game stopped just short of saying Muffet's comment was crazy.

Reaction Score
LINK

"Congratulations to the UConn Huskies for winning the 2014 NCAA national championship," Summitt said. "My compliments also to coach Geno Auriemma for winning his ninth national title. He has accomplished this feat in record time with the help of some incredibly talented student-athletes and staff members.

"My best to each and every one of them. Enjoy the moment and cherish the memories."

Classy. Very!

Reaction Score

Eric - I would define "their fans" by the smaller subset of fans that read The Summitt.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
50ish, those folks would tell you they are the only true fans.

Reaction Score
50ish, those folks would tell you they are the only true fans.
Yeah,I pretty much got crucified there for saying something nice about Geno.I could have opened a Kosher deli in Baghdad and gotten a better response.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You can avoid being tired of it, Eric.

Some places are not worth visiting.

If you visit them anyway, a travelogue is probably not in order.

But interestingly, it's becoming an issue of inquiry over there now.
Some of the younger fans, even senior ones are asking what it was really about.
And noting the damage it has done to their program, WBB, and the team by not playing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom