Passing and Catching | The Boneyard

Passing and Catching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Uconn's guards are doing a good job of keeping their feet still and lunging for perimeter passes. Makes it much easier for the defense to shoot the lanes and steal the ball.

Reaction Score
"Ever", wow you're an idiot. Or very young.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Play on their heels. Worst CT team ever.

When I asked my dad to tell me scary stories as a young child, he responded by describing the Burr Carlson teams. I daresay you're wrong.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Don't leave your feet to make a pass.
Don't telegraph your passes.
Go to the ball when receiving a pass.
Don't pass the ball into a crowd.
Utilize pass fakes to get the defense to react.
If you have an interior player who struggles to catch the ball, don't pass the ball to his knee level or lower.
Simple fundament concepts, most of which the same players who are causing these turnovers didn't commit last year.
Clean this up and this team is competing for the AAC crown.

Reaction Score
Uconn's guards are doing a good job of keeping their feet still and lunging for perimeter passes. Makes it much easier for the defense to shoot the lanes and steal the ball.

At first I thought you were referring to team passes thrown to them, which would have also been accurate 'offensively'. Thanks for the 2nd sentence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't leave your feet to make a pass.
Don't telegraph your passes.
Go to the ball when receiving a pass.
Don't pass the ball into a crowd.
Utilize pass fakes to get the defense to react.
If you have an interior player who struggles to catch the ball, don't pass the ball to his knee level or lower.
Simple fundament concepts, most of which the same players who are causing these turnovers didn't commit last year.
Clean this up and this team is competing for the AAC crown.

Those "same players" have left the building. There's no glue on this team, and it's not a heads up bunch, which puts too much of a load on Boat. Whether the reason is talent-level, coaching, inexperience, chemistry, or something else, it's painful to watch when it's happening.

The closing sentence remains a true statement.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Those "same players" have left the building. There's no glue on this team, and it's not a heads up bunch, which puts too much of a load on Boat. Whether the reason is talent-level, coaching, inexperience, chemistry, or something else, it's painful to watch when it's happening.

The closing sentence remains a true statement.
Actually, I was referring to players in this year's team...but I don't like to throw individuals under the bus

Reaction Score
Scouting report on this team is pretty easy. Play zone, nothing special just 2-3. Extend the guards at the top of the key to disrupt/intercept windshield wiping zone offense. Double the penetration because our guards will always try to split the defenders. Read the passers eyes, which is another indication of this team's chemistry issues. Not saying they aren't boys, but when you play enough ball with someone you know where they are, where they're going and how they can't be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom