Passing #5 - Crystal Dangerfield to PB | The Boneyard

Passing #5 - Crystal Dangerfield to PB

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Meet our new #5! I hear she’s supposed to be pretty good...:rolleyes:

This actually surprises me. I think we all knew she wasn't going to get #1, but I thought she might claim #10 or #11, which would be the closest to #1 that she could get.

Taking Crystal's number suggests continuity, and that she is not trying to distinguish herself (before she has played a single minute) from her immediate predecessor at point guard. I think this shows a team-first attitude (which we expected), as well as a respect for Crystal's accomplishments.

How did any of the freshmen get their UConn uniforms before they even get to campus? Did they already choose numbers and had the uniforms sent out for fitting?

Reaction Score
Look
This actually surprises me. I think we all knew she wasn't going to get #1, but I thought she might claim #10 or #11, which would be the closest to #1 that she could get.

Taking Crystal's number suggests continuity, and that she is not trying to distinguish herself (before she has played a single minute) from her immediate predecessor at point guard. I think this shows a team-first attitude (which we expected), as well as a respect for Crystal's accomplishments.

How did any of the freshmen get their UConn uniforms before they even get to campus? Did they already choose numbers and had the uniforms sent out for fitting?
looks very fake/photo shopped to me.

Reaction Score

It's photo shopped. It even has the AAC logo on it still.

Reaction Score
I cannot wait until the season to start. All eyes will be back on UConn because of Paige. I feel she will truly have one of the biggest impact on Women’s Basketball ever.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Look

looks very fake/photo shopped to me.

It’s obviously photoshopped. UConn doesn’t do jersey photos on OVs, so new players don’t get their hands on them until media day.

I’d imagine Nika will choose #10. She’s been wearing it for her WABA team and for Croatia’s U16 and U18 teams.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, Paige looks like a real hardcore veteran in that 'shop art. And she will be, too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's photo shopped. It even has the AAC logo on it still.
Well we can't let that abomination stay.

1587051680965.png

(Just until @Biff gets round to doing a proper job on it.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It’s obviously photoshopped. UConn doesn’t do jersey photos on OVs, so new players don’t get their hands on them until media day.

I’d imagine Nika will choose #10. She’s been wearing it for her WABA team and for Croatia’s U16 and U18 teams.
I guess Nika needs to ask Molly if she can have #10. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Crystal was a badass PG wearing #5. Caroline was a badass PG wearing #5. I liked their attitude. Paige has the same 'tude, maybe even more. Another Honey Badger!!

Reaction Score
I think that Paige is going to want to start her "Own Legacy" and not carry on someone else's legacy. I don't think that she will chose # 5. I think that she might decide on another number that is similar but different. If not # 1, then possibly # 55.

Reaction Score
I think that Paige is going to want to start her "Own Legacy" and not carry on someone else's legacy. I don't think that she will chose # 5. I think that she might decide on another number that is similar but different. If not # 1, then possibly # 55.
?? Looks to me like #5 is a done deal.

Reaction Score
This is interesting. One thread just look at has doom and gloom for the coming season and this thread is filled with excitement and hope for the coming season. I hope that we get to see all of these talented young women players when we are suppose to. OOOOOrah for that!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
This is interesting. One thread just look at has doom and gloom for the coming season and this thread is filled with excitement and hope for the coming season. I hope that we get to see all of these talented young women players when we are suppose to. OOOOOrah for that!

If I need to stew on there being zero WCBB until 2021, I’ll lose my stinkin’ mind.

I’m believing it’ll happen in some capacity until the NCAA says otherwise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom