Passes over the middle are easier to complete and require shorter throws. | The Boneyard

Passes over the middle are easier to complete and require shorter throws.

Reaction Score
Short interesting article on the Patriots sustained success. Is there anything the Huskies could take from this re the passing game?

Reaction Score
Quite a few years ago went to a UConn game with Tyler Lorenzen at QB and he threw a couple of interceptions in the red zone over the middle and it seemed (at least to me) that HCRE1.0 from then on had a very short leash on QB throws over the middle. Didn't help that Zack didn't have much touch and everything he threw was a rocket so tipped balls happened a lot.
If I was an opposing DC I think getting my players to read UConn formations, player packages and down/distance tendencies would work pretty well. UConn needs to out execute opposing defenses and that's not so easy when you use little deception and at best your athletes are about as good as the opponents.

Reaction Score
Quite a few years ago went to a UConn game with Tyler Lorenzen at QB and he threw a couple of interceptions in the red zone over the middle and it seemed (at least to me) that HCRE1.0 from then on had a very short leash on QB throws over the middle. Didn't help that Zack didn't have much touch and everything he threw was a rocket so tipped balls happened a lot.
If I was an opposing DC I think getting my players to read UConn formations, player packages and down/distance tendencies would work pretty well. UConn needs to out execute opposing defenses and that's not so easy when you use little deception and at best your athletes are about as good as the opponents.
Yup. I doubt they have a slant pass in the playbook.

Reaction Score
If the timing is there, slants to the tight end or slot receiver would be valuable additions to the playbook.
U r preaching to the chioir. Iowa State and others destroyed UConn with the slant. Those vaunted D's UConn used to have? Couldn't stop it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom