Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully they don't have to go all the way from Houston to Austin to find a weight room.

lol! I read Texas (as in Longhorns). At this stage P is probably much better suited as a position coach in the NFL.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You do realize uconn had one of its best defenses under him. But continue to give no credit and ruin your credibility

You've got to be kidding me. You are trying to give Paul Pasqualoni credit for something positive related to the UConn football program - and you are questioning my credibility.

He coached the team so poorly HE HAD TO BE FIRED 4 GAMES INTO HIS THIRD SEASON BECAUSE THEY LOST TO BUFFALO BY 100 POINTS AND THE TEAM LITERALLY QUIT ON THE FIELD.

This is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life. He was so bad as the head coach at UConn that Bob Diaco has three years to clean up his mess.

There aren't words in the English language that can describe how bad Paul Pasqualoni coached UConn. Yeah the guy defending him can talk about credibility.

Reaction Score
You've got to be kidding me. You are trying to give Paul Pasqualoni credit for something positive related to the UConn football program - and you are questioning my credibility.

He coached the team so poorly HE HAD TO BE FIRED 4 GAMES INTO HIS THIRD SEASON BECAUSE THEY LOST TO BUFFALO BY 100 POINTS AND THE TEAM LITERALLY QUIT ON THE FIELD.

This is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life. He was so bad as the head coach at UConn that Bob Diaco has three years to clean up his mess.

There aren't words in the English language that can describe how bad Paul Pasqualoni coached UConn. Yeah the guy defending him can talk about credibility.
We lost games because he put his clueless friend in charge of the online and offense. The defense under brown/ pasqualoni was one of the best we ever had. In my opinion the defeat of Louisville at home that year was one of our best defensive performances.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We lost games because he put his clueless friend in charge of the online and offense. The defense under brown/ pasqualoni was one of the best we ever had. In my opinion the defeat of Louisville at home that year was one of our best defensive performances.

Yes that win over Louisville at home was AWESOME.

Pasqualoni coached UConn once at home against Louisville. UConn didn't show up and lost 34-20. UConn was still alive to win the Big East that day. They literally no showed.

UConn beat Louisville on the road. It was the one good day that Pasqualoni had as head coach and it was pretty much a miracle.

I have no idea how a UConn fan could try and talk Pasqualoni up
- but here you claim to be.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish him well in Texas. I think he will do well with the defensive line there, he just not a head coach any longer.

Reaction Score
Yes that win over Louisville at home was AWESOME.

Pasqualoni coached UConn once at home against Louisville. UConn didn't show up and lost 34-20. UConn was still alive to win the Big East that day. They literally no showed.

UConn beat Louisville on the road. It was the one good day that Pasqualoni had as head coach and it was pretty much a miracle.

I have no idea how a UConn fan could try and talk Pasqualoni up
- but here you claim to be.
Not talking him up but in the words of Jessie the body Ventura " I tell it like it is Mean Gene". All the Edsall praising and Pasqualoni bashing is useless now. it's all about supporting these recruits and this regime.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wish him well in Texas. I think he will do well with the defensive line there, he just not a head coach any longer.

Wish him well if you like.

Connecticut paid him millions of
dollars and in return he drove the football program into the ground.

It's 15-33 since the day he was hired BTW. So wish him well, he so deserves to be remembered fondly. They won that game that time - thanks Coach!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Wish him well if you like.

Connecticut paid him millions of
dollars and in return he drove the football program into the ground.

It's 15-33 since the day he was hired BTW. So wish him well, he so deserves to be remembered fondly. They won that game that time - thanks Coach!

He sucked as a head coach and UCONN got screwed over by Hathaway and that's who I blame.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not talking him up but in the words of Jessie the body Ventura " I tell it like it is Mean Gene". All the Edsall praising and Pasqualoni bashing is useless now. it's all about supporting these recruits and this regime.

LOL. Pasqualoni had one good
day as UConn's coach and when you were 'telling it like it is' you didn't even know where the game took place.

Reaction Score
LOL. Pasqualoni had one good
day as UConn's coach and when you were 'telling it like it is' you didn't even know where the game took place.
This is my last post on this but I did watch the game and knew it was at papa johns. At Louisville home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is my last post on this but I did watch the game and knew it was at papa johns. At Louisville home.

Sorry I don't speak Florida.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You do realize uconn had one of its best defenses under him.

You have to understand that you are posting in The Boneyard, where everything has to be black or white, right or wrong, good or bad. It's a magical place where a guy's failure as a head coach means that he cannot perform any task associated with football ever.

The reality is that he definitely understands defense. And most people at high levels of football understand that he understands, which is why they are willing to put multi-million dollar franchises on the line with his defensive skills. And the reality is that we had some great defenses under his regime and under his philosophy (keep in mind that he wouldn't have hired Coach Brown if he didn't agree with the philosophy). And the reality is that players like Sio Moore, Dwayne Gratz, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Shamar Stephen, Yawin Smallwood, Trevardo Williams, and even Kendall Reyes in his last year, grew and improved their NFL-caliber stock under him. Nobody was talking about the lack of the weight room or Vitamin D with those fellas!

But alas! The Boneyard and its world of black or white! ;) Don't get me wrong; we needed a change at the helm and I don't regret letting him go as the head coach. But he understands D...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have to understand that you are posting in The Boneyard, where everything has to be black or white, right or wrong, good or bad. It's a magical place where a guy's failure as a head coach means that he cannot perform any task associated with football ever.

The reality is that he definitely understands defense. And most people at high levels of football understand that he understands, which is why they are willing to put multi-million dollar franchises on the line with his defensive skills. And the reality is that we had some great defenses under his regime and under his philosophy (keep in mind that he wouldn't have hired Coach Brown if he didn't agree with the philosophy). And the reality is that players like Sio Moore, Dwayne Gratz, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Shamar Stephen, Yawin Smallwood, Trevardo Williams, and even Kendall Reyes in his last year, grew and improved their NFL-caliber stock under him. Nobody was talking about the lack of the weight room or Vitamin D with those fellas!

But alas! The Boneyard and its world of black or white! ;) Don't get me wrong; we needed a change at the helm and I don't regret letting him go as the head coach. But he understands D...

Dan come on. His last few teams at Syracuse sucked. He floated around the NFL as a coordinator with bad units. He stunk to holy hell at UConn. He got blown out with yet another staff and somehow ended up with a job as a position coach.

The defense was pretty good his first two years with players that were already here.

There isn't any gray here. He ran the program into the ground. That the players rose up to beat Maryland before losing to WMU is great and all but it happened in spite of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom