Part of the Pack Episode 3: Clingan and Rosa | The Boneyard

Part of the Pack Episode 3: Clingan and Rosa

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

Great story.

I'm always intrigued when people talk about the rarity of a player from Connecticut being a top player (top 50?).

How things have changed from that 15 year period of the late 70s thru early 90s:

Vin Baker, Michael Adams, John Bagley, Earl Kelley, John Pinone, Marcus Camby, Harold Pressley, Rod Foster, Chuck Aleksinas, Corny Thompson, Scott Burrell, Chris Smith, Mike Gminski, Rick Mahorn, Charles Smith, Sly Williams, Jay Murphy, John Garris, Ed Saunders, Wes Matthews. I think maybe even Rashamel Jones was highly ranked.

There were a lot of highly sought Conn. players back then. What happened?

Reaction Score
Great story.

I'm always intrigued when people talk about the rarity of a player from Connecticut being a top player (top 50?).

How things have changed from that 15 year period of the late 70s thru early 90s:

Vin Baker, Michael Adams, John Bagley, Earl Kelley, John Pinone, Marcus Camby, Harold Pressley, Rod Foster, Chuck Aleksinas, Corny Thompson, Scott Burrell, Chris Smith, Mike Gminski, Rick Mahorn, Charles Smith, Sly Williams, Jay Murphy, John Garris, Ed Saunders, Wes Matthews. I think maybe even Rashamel Jones was highly ranked.

There were a lot of highly sought Conn. players back then. What happened?
Prep schools are one reason. Connecticut high school ball was excellent back then. The best players go to the prep schools now. That’s why Clingan staying at Bristol Central was such a big deal. Admittedly though, I’m not sure how many good CT players are heading to prep school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom