Parking | The Boneyard

Parking

Reaction Score
I’ll be at tonight games with my son, so excited. Where is the best place to park?

Reaction Score
It depends on which way you're headed after the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I third the motion. The lot across from the baseball stadium is the best for going home on I-91S or RT-2. And 84E and W for that matter.

Reaction Score
I’m coming from colchester
So you need to get to Rt. 2. Then I like the outdoor lot at the corner of Main Street and Talcott St. (between Talcott and Chapel St.). Think they call it the Morgan St. parking lot. Very easy to get out of there and on to Rt. 2. It's about a 5 minute walk to the XL Center but totally worth the walk for not sitting in traffic for 30 minutes at the end of the game trying to get to the highway. Here's a link.

Reaction Score
Parking lot across street from baseball stadium. Short walk to XL . Easy in and out to highways. $ 10 dollars.
Looking at a map, there are a few lots across the street in both directions. Which lot is the one you are all referring to for $10? Thanks.

Reaction Score
I’m coming from colchester
I'm sorry.
(kidding)
read above response. You will be glad you did.
Seconded.
I third the motion. The lot across from the baseball stadium is the best for going home on I-91S or RT-2. And 84E and W for that matter.
Fourtheded.
Looking at a map, there are a few lots across the street in both directions. Which lot is the one you are all referring to for $10? Thanks.
Search: "1139-1257 Main St Parking Hartford"

The Morgan St garage is probably just as easy for Route 2.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I like parking at the XL. You do have to get there early though.

Reaction Score
I like parking at the XL. You do have to get there early though.
How long does it take you to get to the highway from there? I parked there once, a long time ago, and it took me forever to get out of Hartford. Never did it again.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I know this is late and you are already at the XL Center (or should be close.), but coming form East Hampton, I park in the lot kitty-corner from the backside of XL Center, across from the church.

Have fun.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
How long does it take you to get to the highway from there? I parked there once, a long time ago, and it took me forever to get out of Hartford. Never did it again.
Probably 30 minutes. My wife likes to be able to leave her coat in the car, so it works out for me.

Reaction Score
Probably 30 minutes. My wife likes to be able to leave her coat in the car, so it works out for me.
It's definitely convenient. Can't argue that. And I do the same for Celtics games and leave my jacket in the car. But I'm too impatient to sit in bumper to bumper traffic after a game for 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
As if it couldn’t happen in a lot or garage. It’s never happened to me and I’ve been parking there forever. Stop the fear mongering.
It happened to me twice. The police told me it happens around there a lot. What, do you want me to lie?

Garages and lots obviously aren't full proof either.

Reaction Score
You sound like someone from Andover or Coventry that is scared of cities.
You're funny. It hasn't stopped me once from going to any city. Including Hartford. I'm just careful where I park. I'm also careful where I walk at night in major cities. I think that's being prudent. Not scared.

What's your beef? I don't get where you're coming from. Just strange. Park wherever you want. Walk up Albany Avenue at night too. What do I care?

Reaction Score
I’ll be at tonight games with my son, so excited. Where is the best place to park?
Science Center. A bit of a walk but you will waste more time waiting to get out of parking lot. Entrance to highway right there

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As if it couldn’t happen in a lot or garage. It’s never happened to me and I’ve been parking there forever. Stop the fear mongering.
Am I supposed to disbelieve that his car was broken into twice, because it's never happened to you? What if both are true?
It happened car was broken into twice to me twice. The police told me it happens around there a lot. What, do you want me to lie?

Garages and lots obviously aren't full proof either.

You sound like someone from Andover or Coventry that is scared of cities.
Sounds more like someone reporting that twice his car was broken into. What should I doubt him? Do you?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You're funny. It hasn't stopped me once from going to any city. Including Hartford. I'm just careful where I park. I'm also careful where I walk at night in major cities. I think that's being prudent. Not scared.

What's your beef? I don't get where you're coming from. Just strange. Park wherever you want. Walk up Albany Avenue at night too. What do I care?
My car got broken into at work. I’ll never drive to work again. My car got broken into at my grandmothers house. I’ll never go there again. Apologies if I came off strong. I just don’t like taking negative occurrences and applying them generally, as if that is the common and regular occurrence. And I especially take issue with suburbanites scaring people away from Hartford. I lived there for 3 years and never had one issue. Parked on the streets my whole life with zero issues. Sorry it happened to you. Never want it to happen to anyone.

Reaction Score
My car got broken into at work. I’ll never drive to work again. My car got broken into at my grandmothers house. I’ll never go there again. Apologies if I came off strong. I just don’t like taking negative occurrences and applying them generally, as if that is the common and regular occurrence. And I especially take issue with suburbanites scaring people away from Hartford. I lived there for 3 years and never had one issue. Parked on the streets my whole life with zero issues. Sorry it happened to you. Never want it to happen to anyone.
Nah you didn't come off strong. Appreciate your response so I didn't have to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom