Paris Olympics Discussion Thread | The Boneyard

Paris Olympics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good call on the thread topic. The team looked pretty good out there today especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Is this thread for the entire basketball tournament or solely USA games? Reason why I ask is Canada has a friendly today after beating Australia yesterday at 2 pm. If I can find a box score I'd like to share it. It's also being streamed for free should anyone want the link to the carrier's website.

Reaction Score
Is this thread for the entire basketball tournament or solely USA games? Reason why I ask is Canada has a friendly today after beating Australia yesterday at 2 pm. If I can find a box score I'd like to share it. It's also being streamed for free should anyone want the link to the carrier's website.
I did not open this thread with any thought of restrictions besides Paris Olympics topics. So talk all you want about any team and any sport!

If it gets too congested in here we can move a popular topic to its own thread (i.e., USA women's basketball events).

Reaction Score

Canada vs Spain at 2 pm EST. Being streamed on our Olympic broadcaster's service. Free and accessing is straightforward (e.g. Facebook login, Google).

Who are the expected starters for Canada?

Reaction Score

Canada vs Spain at 2 pm EST. Being streamed on our Olympic broadcaster's service. Free and accessing is straightforward (e.g. Facebook login, Google).

I am hoping that the game will be replayed on YouTube later.

Reaction Score
I am hoping that the game will be replayed on YouTube later.
Doubt it will be unless someone is able to find a source from Spain, who are hosting these games. CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) have all the Olympics broadcasting rights for anything related to Canada Basketball.

Reaction Score
On a side note, Snoop Dog will be carrying the Olympic Torch in part of the final run, plus he is an NBC "special Olympic correspondent". What depths our country has fallen to!
Sarcasm or serious? Snoop Dog appeals to a wide audience and his commentary with Kevin Hart during last Olympics was well received I recall.

Reaction Score
His commentary with Kevin Hart was a must watch. They covered the equestrian event, and it was so good.
I remember it very well as I love equestrian events. Wish our Canadian channel had the funds to hire someone with a similar level of wit to do the same (e.g. Ryan Reynolds, Dan Levy, etc.).

Reaction Score
I remember it very well as I love equestrian events. Wish our Canadian channel had the funds to hire someone with a similar level of wit to do the same (e.g. Ryan Reynolds, Dan Levy, etc.).
What I loved is that he's so fascinated with everything because it was all new to him and he really appreciated it. But old school watchers might not appreciate his style. But, he made it more relatable to younger fans.

Reaction Score
What I loved is that he's so fascinated with everything because it was all new to him and he really appreciated it. But old school watchers might not appreciate his style. But, he made it more relatable to younger fans.
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with having a mix of personalities hosting the Olympics. Considering the audience mix is diverse, what's the harm? And the generation that grew up with him are now the target audience for advertisers. His marketability is through the roof when you look at who he is partnered with.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

This is unfortunate.

It's weird, the story linked in the tweet, dated today, says Allemand returned after a four-month rehab and would be playing.

Reaction Score
It's weird, the story linked in the tweet, dated today, says Allemand returned after a four-month rehab and would be playing.
Maybe it happened during a practice but with this coming from the Belgian team, I take this as accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom