parade questions | The Boneyard

parade questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a big uconn fan, I read this board quite a bit, and was thinking you'd be the best bet to answer my questions! I live about 2 hours from Hartford and was wondering if it was worth the trip for the parade/rally. What goes on, how long does it last, and anything else you think might be good to know? Thanks! :)

Reaction Score
Weather looks good and if you are a fan, you will love this. Come early, bring some folding chairs and a picnic, scope out a spot along the parade route, meander down to the Capitol lawn for the speeches if you are so inclined. Lots of great places to eat in Hartford(check out yelp) if that appeals. Support this wonderful group of women!

sTu

Reaction Score
Cannot answer the "worth it" part of your question. The parade part I would estimate in 30 minute range. The political people have been good about very short speeches in the past as it would be suicidal not to be. Geno and some of the players will likely speak and that is an emotionally fulfilling conclusion to the season. There has been championship gear available that has been different from the official UConn/NCAA sites. You might meet some nice and knowledgeable folk also.

Reaction Score
Pick a spot on the inside of the parade loop. Then if you want to follow the parade or get another look from a different location, you don't have to cross the parade route.

Reaction Score
the parade is not long (you'll probably spend more time waiting for it to go by than you will watching it) ... but it's worth it to see the team in person AND be there to show them how much their fans appreciate their efforts :)

question: where is the best place to (1) park your car and (2) park yourself ?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its cool if you want to make a afternoon out of it... (noonish til 5) lunch, parade then dinner in Downtown Hartford

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
with the WNBA draft monday and the ladies in town this wknd some may be at the parade... or would that be consided "raining on the parade"

Reaction Score
I always park in the parking lot at the corners of Pearl and Ford Streets, is directly across from Bushnell Park, short, easy walk to the parade route and to the capital building afterwards for the speeches.

TGIGG

Reaction Score
Crowd is less than impressive at this point. It is windy out, but the weather isn't horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom