OT: Paper straws | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Paper straws

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Yea exactly lol. The looming global ecological collapse will hardly be stopped by a couple hundred less tons of plastic. In fact, if it makes people think they're accomplishing anything, the straw ban is probably actively harmful.

Right? It’s the legislative equivalent of “thought and prayers.”

Reaction Score
Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. McGuire: Plastics.
Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?
Mr. McGuire: There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it?
Could be the most accurate and prophetic conversation in a movie of all time. In 1968, the plastics industry was just coming of age.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So I don’t use straws for anything other than an iced coffee.

And I can’t buy that the straws gum up the machines and the solution are awful paper straws when the mountain of used keurig cups are going to eclipse Everest by 2026.
That and fireball nippers

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The straw debate is so dumb all the way around. Does anyone REALLY need ANY kind of straw to consume liquids?

Reaction Score
The straw debate is so dumb all the way around. Does anyone REALLY need ANY kind of straw to consume liquids?
Yes. Have you ever tried drinking from a cup after your mouth was numbed from novocaine?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The delivery was a joke. I do think that drinking with a straw is still really weird
When I was about 13 an older kid told me that drinking out of a straw wasn't cool. It stuck I guess because I still don't do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom