Paige Wins the Naismith Award | The Boneyard

Paige Wins the Naismith Award

Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige “Slim Buckets” Bueckers!
So well deserved! See you in 7 months!
I’m seriously thinking of getting season tickets next year! Haven’t renewed them in the past three years. Hooray for Paige and all our girls!
Next season will be soooooo awesome! I can feel it!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A consolation prize to be sure, but a pretty darned impressive one. Since I personally voted for Paige for the Naismith several dozen times, I’m going to claim that Paige just won the Naismith-Oldude award........

Reaction Score
A consolation prize to be sure, but a pretty darned impressive one. Since I personally voted for Paige for the Naismith several dozen times, I’m going to claim that Paige just won the Naismith-Oldude award........
100% love your posts!
She may need to shine it up a bit when it arrives, after Geno tarnished things a bit in his presser.
Maybe she'll be a Staley award winner next year when she is moved back to the point. We need a slash and pitch offense like everyone else. Geno, write your darn book on your passing game, and put the book and the offense on a shelf somewhere. Just like Wooden's famous high post offense. To Wooden's credit, he won a last title, when the rest of CBB had caught up to him. Time for Geno to do the same.

Reaction Score
Congratulations Paige. Well deserved.

I have said all season that your main goal was not individual recognition, but rather the TEAM Accomplishment of a National Championship. Unfortunately that's not to be this year. But, You and the Team, experienced so much, grew so much, and have so much you can take from this year to apply to next Season. You are a tremendous player and I know you will learn and grow from this season and it's unfortunate end...and that you will help the Team prepare next year for another run.

Congrats!!!

Reaction Score
100% love your posts!
She may need to shine it up a bit when it arrives, after Geno tarnished things a bit in his presser.
Maybe she'll be a Staley award winner next year when she is moved back to the point. We need a slash and pitch offense like everyone else. Geno, write your darn book on your passing game, and put the book and the offense on a shelf somewhere. Just like Wooden's famous high post offense. To Wooden's credit, he won a last title, when the rest of CBB had caught up to him. Time for Geno to do the same.
Two things I took fromm Geno presser. Paige needs to get alot better both on and off the court and her teamates did not help her out ( not making open shots ,not making layups) .While ari's teamates were making the shots they needed.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Hey wait a minute, I voted every day, while sometimes having to wait for the website to take my vote because you were ahead of me, but I want some of the credit too. Therefore I am proud that Paige has won our Naismith-Old-Moose-Dude award. Proud to be with you on the name and darn proud of our very own Paige. The best overall freshman WCBB player I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
Two things I took fromm Geno presser. Paige needs to get alot better both on and off the court and her teamates did not help her out ( not making open shots ,not making layups) .While ari's teamates were making the shots they needed.
That's the gist of it, to me! Now it's up to the audience to interpret it.
I for one, did not like it! It's the coach's responsibility to put his/her players in the position to be successful. IMO his stubbornness regarding his passing game offense is an example of him NOT doing that. Can't blame everything on Geno. He wasn't the one missing challenged "short shots" (layups?).
No need for his comments about Paige, "out of the blue". Was he so timid/reluctant working with DT?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Same so let’s make it the Naismith-Oldude-CL82 award

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I for one, did not like it! It's the coach's responsibility to put his/her players in the position to be successful. IMO his stubbornness regarding his passing game offense is an example of him NOT doing that. Can't blame everything on Geno. He wasn't the one missing challenged "short shots" (layups?).
No need for his comments about Paige, "out of the blue". Was he so timid/reluctant working with DT?
I would love to be able to understand what you want Geno to do. He has been coaching his way for close to 40 years. He has been the most successful coach in college BB. He must have been doing something right, a lot of really great players come to UCONN o be coached by him, BB and life, and continue to flock to Storrs well after their college career is over.
After seeing a number of your posts down playing his style I am really curious, if he does so many things wrong, who would you rather have coach his team, cause he darn sure isn't going to change now? Just asking.

Reaction Score
Do you understand any game has a winner and a loser? A game is a game and no one can win the games forever.

Reaction Score
100% love your posts!
Scapegoating is so unattractive!

Reaction Score
I would love to be able to understand what you want Geno to do. He has been coaching his way for close to 40 years. He has been the most successful coach in college BB. He must have been doing something right, a lot of really great players come to UCONN o be coached by him, BB and life, and continue to flock to Storrs well after their college career is over.
After seeing a number of your posts down playing his style I am really curious, if he does so many things wrong, who would you rather have coach his team, cause he darn sure isn't going to change now? Just asking.
Come on man, I laud Geno like everybody else. He's lost 4 consecutive final 4 games. One factor in each of these games, for sure, is that their offense stalled. Arguably UConn has the best players in WCBB. He also plays in a crap league, which is 100% not his fault. It just means that he does not face this level of physicality until the final 4. (this year it's the final 8) In other words, I contend that his team is repeatedly unprepared for these contests. I express clearly that I want Geno to stop employing his finesse passing game and adopt a modern slash and pitch offense. Heck, he had Liv at the high post for most of the season. What is that?? She needs to be on the block and maybe she would act more at-home there.
He has said in pressers that the UConn program is constructed to compete for championships. That's what I'm talking about.
Here's an analogy: The Yankees claim every year to be readying themselves for a run at the World Series. So, they load their lineup with power hitters that can't succeed against good pitchers, strike out excessively, and cannot do simple things like moving runners over. So they get matched up in a series with Cleveland or Tampa and what do you know they can't score runs. What a shocker!

Reaction Score
Do you understand any game has a winner and a loser? A game is a game and no one can win the games forever.
I'm talking about Geno's comments last night. He should have kept his criticisms to himself. I'm pissed at him. Sorry.
I didn't know about the winner/loser thing. Thanks for setting me straight.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm talking about Geno's comments last night. He should have kept his criticisms to himself. I'm pissed at him. Sorry.
I didn't know about the winner/loser thing. Thanks for setting me straight.
I watched Geno’s press conference and I must say I found nothing he said particularly offensive or controversial. He started out by heaping praise on AZ. He then answered a number of questions from the press thoughtfully and completely. His comments about Paige I found far more motivational then critical.

I think the interpretation and tweet by the reporter who covered Geno’s remarks, both selectively edited and misinterpreted them to make it appear that he was being negative. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom