Paige to Appear on "We need to talk" with host Renee Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of my all time favorites

Paige is Famous because she is Famous

The last part of the video reminds me of Vermeer's masterpiece, Paige with a Pearl:

1657928033513.png

Reaction Score
My recollection is that by the time she was a HS sophomore some famous people commented on her talent and in the SM world you become instantly famous. But it was her talent that drew the comments, particularly from NBA players like Curry.

What Bueckers is going to show this year is her leadership skills. She will have the team ready to play come November. I wouldn't be surprised if Geno spends more time sitting during games and just letting her make the decisions on the court. In 2 years she hasn't made many.

For Rene it took Maya Moore. UConn Bueckers and "UConn Rene" are on different BB planets. Has Rene ever had her left eye fixed? :eek:
Not sure what you mean by “different BB planets” but Rene was a very good player and remains one of my favorite UConn players ever! She is probably the player I was most happy for (for winning a championship) in all the time I have watched UConn basketball. Of course, now I’m desperately hoping this team can win (at least) one! Anyway, Rene is a class act and I wish her continued success going forward.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Montgomery wore the moniker of "McGunnery. I unfortunately only remember her +choke job against Stanford in the FF her junior year. When Bueckers goes about 1-14 in a FF game she'll be in Rene's class but what I see is 8-9 in double OT E8 game.

Rene won the Lieberman as a senior but according to Wiki she didn't make 1st team AA. Bueckers was a unanimous` NPOY as a freshman. Case closed.

She was a 34% from 3 for her UConn career. Barely adequate for a team%, poor for a guard.

I cheered for Rene but at UConn she was nowhere close to where Bueckers is now at any phase of the game and it does her no service to compare her to Paige. JMO of course.

Renee had confidence and attitude that were badly needed. She improved her shot selection and accuracy by her senior year and shot a career high .381 from the arc. She was, in fact, an AP 1st Team All-American in 2009, along with Maya (NPOY), Paris, McCoughtry, and Toliver. (Tina made 2nd Team AP All-American that year.) Renee was arguably the 2nd best player in the nation as a senior. I'm not saying Renee was as good as Paige, but she was a key to the 2009 championship.

[Renee was 4-18 and 6-7 on FTs in the 2008 game you note.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44