Paige: Talk It Or Walk It | The Boneyard

Paige: Talk It Or Walk It

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In an interview Paige has listed out what she wants to do this season to have the Huskies win the crown. I'm sure each of those points came out of Geno's end of season talk with her. It's easy to say that is what you are going to do, but it can be hard to put these goals into practice.

Bueckers said. “I watched a lot of film on last year. I’m definitely coming out with a more aggressive approach. Instead of sort of letting it come to me, I have to go take it myself.”

Bueckers mentioned other ways she wants to elevate her game: be a better defender, a better cutter, be better moving off the ball. Last season’s abrupt end taught her that intangibles will be just as, if not even more, critical in trying to win a championship this season.

Bueckers and the rest of the team also realized they had some growing up to do after their loss to Arizona exposed some immaturity. For Bueckers, that means assuming more of a leadership role.

“I think I’m more mature [now],” she said. “Last year I came in as a freshman with a sort of passive mentality. I wanted to just fit in and play my role, but this year I want to be more of a leader and more vocal and lead by example, and just be a voice for our team.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom