26. Myah Selland, South Dakota State
  27. Aisha Sheppard, Virginia Tech
  28. Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
  29. Christyn Williams, UConn

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Holmes, Reese and (Aneesah) Morrow are all extremely deserving additions.

Staiti, hmmm, okay sure let's go with it, but there are plenty of exclusions that I would deem her equal.

Clouden and Pointer are rather brutal cuts, given some of their stellar performances, but I guess Clouden is a case of punishing the player for the team? But that wouldn't be the explanation for Pointer. I sure don't get how R. Howard or (apologies to our esteemed MSU posters) R. Jackson deserve to stay but Clouden doesn't.

Reaction Score
I know I'm obviously a homer, but surprised K. pointer for LSU didn't make it. She is having a terrific year so far. Her performances has aided in the wins over 3 ranked opponents. She has flirted with quite a few triple doubles this year as well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know I'm obviously a homer, but surprised K. pointer for LSU didn't make it. She is having a terrific year so far. Her performances has aided in the wins over 3 ranked opponents. She has flirted with quite a few triple doubles this year as well.
I noted her above as an eyebrow-raiser, and I completely agree with you.

IMO both she and LSU have far exceeded preseason expectations. If I did a ranking purely based on performance in view of level of competition, I'd for sure have her well ahead of Austin, Howard, Jackson and Kitley.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Why is Paige even still on here? She's going to miss too much time. Even if she comes back for the end of the season it would be unfair to award her over players that actually played their whole season.
Do you really have to ask why, after all the recent hullabaloo? I don't want to give the answer away, but it rhymes with

1641435736569.png

Reaction Score
I'm curious what others think about Zia Cooke still being included. Yes, she's averaging more than 11 ppg but, nearly at mid-season, she's shooting 33 percent from the floor and 27 percent from three. I know she could have a big game at any point, and possibly will, but she doesn't have many assists or rebounds (the latter understandably on that team), and turns it over quite often.

This certainly isn't anti-Gamecock sentiment. Both Boston and Henderson are playing like All-Americans. There have to be (many?) others more deserving than Zia. I have no suggestions. I figure many of you might have some.

Reaction Score
Why is Paige even still on here? She's going to miss too much time. Even if she comes back for the end of the season it would be unfair to award her over players that actually played their whole season.
I'm glad they don't automatically disqualify outstanding players from the list for non-season-ending injuries.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Lee is having a much better season than Boston but does not get the ink because she is not on a top ranked team. She is playing as well as she is playing even though her teammates are not as talented as Boston's. She is not the only player having a better season than Boston. We shall see who wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'd agree Boston probably will win, but NaLyssa Smith deserves serious consideration.
Not saying Smith doesn't deserve consideration, but Boston is a long country mile ahead of Smith (and everyone else) in the current race, if nothing else because Baylor is well below the level of South Carolina this season. Much preference is going to be afforded to the clearly best player on the consensus best team.

Reaction Score
Boston anyone else chosen at this point would dare I say be the “B “ word and no not the female dog one ESPN.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what others think about Zia Cooke still being included. Yes, she's averaging more than 11 ppg but, nearly at mid-season, she's shooting 33 percent from the floor and 27 percent from three. I know she could have a big game at any point, and possibly will, but she doesn't have many assists or rebounds (the latter understandably on that team), and turns it over quite often.

This certainly isn't anti-Gamecock sentiment. Both Boston and Henderson are playing like All-Americans. There have to be (many?) others more deserving than Zia. I have no suggestions. I figure many of you might have some.
I certainly do not consider it “anti-Gamecock.” Zia has not shown that she is deserving at this point. Hope she picks it up by tournament time like she did last year.

Reaction Score
Lee is having a much better season than Boston but does not get the ink because she is not on a top ranked team. She is playing as well as she is playing even though her teammates are not as talented as Boston's. She is not the only player having a better season than Boston. We shall see who wins.
Well, Boston won the head-to-head matchup against Lee this year.
Boston 21 pts to 14pts.
Boston 17 rbs to 6 rbs

Not sure about individual blocked shots. SCar had 16 as a team. K-State had 4

I like Lee a lot and thought she played very well against us. Her game against Baylor was pure domination. 32 pts and 10 rbs against Smith/Egbo!

Reaction Score
Not saying Smith doesn't deserve consideration, but Boston is a long country mile ahead of Smith (and everyone else) in the current race, if nothing else because Baylor is well below the level of South Carolina this season. Much preference is going to be afforded to the clearly best player on the consensus best team.
I would say “clearly the best player on a consensus Top 5-ish team” is usually the standard unless a team is unanimously considered the best.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Cooke started the season great but has seriously cooled off. Since the Elon game she's been shooting 23% from the floor. Ouch. She shouldn't be on this list IMO, especially over the likes of Pointer and some other standouts.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why some players are left off of the midseason after being on the preseason because they are hurt and some are not!!!

Reaction Score
I would say “clearly the best player on a consensus Top 5-ish team” is usually the standard unless a team is unanimously considered the best.
While her stats don't compare to most on the list, I'll give an "honorable mention" to Emily Engstler. She has outplayed Hillmon and Howard in head-to-head matchups. I've not seen many players this season that I would rather have on the floor at the end of a close game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, Paige potentially playing only 5 games in a season is on the list. Hmmm

Reaction Score
Well, she actually played 7 games, if you count the exhibition game, in which stats could be considered. I'm pretty sure the Wooden committee knows what they are doing. She has only missed 2 of their 32 games scheduled.

Reaction Score
Did you see the head to head results when K State played SC? Lee scored 6 of her points in the last 2 minutes of the game when SC emptied their bench. It was no contest who was the best player.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Did you see the head to head results when K State played SC? Lee scored 6 of her points in the last 2 minutes of the game when SC emptied their bench. It was no contest who was the best player.
Can't judge a player by one game. There were times last season when Paige was outplayed by a guard. But I understand what you are saying. However, surround Lee with the talent Boston has and you would see she is just as good, imo.

Reaction Score
Can't judge a player by one game. There were times last season when Paige was outplayed by a guard. But I understand what you are saying. However, surround Lee with the talent Boston has and you would see she is just as good, imo.
Lee is very good and has improved a lot over her career. With that in mind, she is not close to the player that Boston is. Boston has been putting a hurting on teams this season, with really impressive games against ranked opponents. I think if they switched places Boston could put up numbers that Lee is putting up. Boston has to share the scoring with Cooke and Henderson (with the former having a very poor shooting season), so she is putting up efficient numbers. Boston is a beast, she is in a league of her own at the Center position this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom