Paige highlights Against Creighton | The Boneyard

Paige highlights Against Creighton

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno is going to pound it in to her. Yes, pass first is great but when you are the best shooter and shot maker on our team by far, you got to take every open shot. Then, later get the others some shots . He was pissed when she gave up the open shot before half time.

Reaction Score
It is weird when she misses a shot. I have the feeling she is going to make every one. Others on the team I pray they go in. I think the transition to her being the first choice for shots is going to take time for her to digest. A mind set she is not used to or comfortable with with this team. She showed she was human in this game. All part of the growing process and understanding her role and what is needed.

Reaction Score
The perceived "poor" game for Paige would be a positive one for most PG's. She missed a few shots she normally makes but proved again she can get her shot any time against anyone. Traveled but this appears to be a focus by refs this year. Only concern for me is how she reacts when other guards initiate contact, hoping refs will call foul on her. Targeting Paige will likely become a tactic used each game.

Reaction Score
Of all the things that Paige "struggled" with last night, it was the passing up of two open shots on consecutive possessions that led to those two straight travel calls that had me shaking my head. Of her 5 turnover last night, I think were 3 were travelling violations.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Paige was "off" a little last night in that she had set the bar insanely high in her first 2 games (76% shooting). She wasn't bad at all, just not spectacular. She'll normally make the shots she missed last night and will learn to shoot a little more, as Geno wants. I look for a stronger game 4.

Reaction Score
The perceived "poor" game for Paige would be a positive one for most PG's. She missed a few shots she normally makes but proved again she can get her shot any time against anyone. Traveled but this appears to be a focus by refs this year. Only concern for me is how she reacts when other guards initiate contact, hoping refs will call foul on her. Targeting Paige will likely become a tactic used each game.
Targeting Paige will be a strategy. But it won't work against UCONN. We have too many weapons.

Reaction Score
We're beating teams by 30 or more at the moment, so I can't see the need for Paige to shoot more than she has. When the Huskies found themselves close to Seton Hall after a half, Buckets asserted herself on the offense and helped the team pull away to a more comfortable lead. That's how she operates. I'll be concerned when she tries to add points and can't. That day may never come.
In the Creighton game, the D was so dominant that there was, again, no need for Paige to score much. She's about winning, not about showing off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom