Paige Getting a Nike PE | The Boneyard

Paige Getting a Nike PE

Reaction Score
Paige gets a Nike GT Hustle 3 Player Edition style. Super pumped for her, this is great! I wonder when she would wear it; knowing that they are only allowed to wear red, white and blue shoes on court. Needless to say, this is epic!
IMG_6084.jpeg

Reaction Score
I haven’t worn a basketball shoe in a couple decades. It’s all running shoes now. But in those days, I didn’t like Nikes because they tended to pinch my feet at the flex point. Converse fit me better.

Reaction Score
One thing I noticed with player shoes - they never make wide width. I've been begging Puma so I can get a pair of Stewie's shoes.
I haven't checked Sabrina's.

Reaction Score
I believe the shoes retail for $190 a pair. Dad’s everywhere are going to have to dig a little deeper to buy shoes for their little girls. ;)
Or their little sons. Ionescu's shoe is popular with both genders from what I've seen in watching some high school games recently. Wouldn't be surprised if Bueckers getting a similar response once these shoes hit the market.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I haven’t worn a basketball shoe in a couple decades. It’s all running shoes now. But in those days, I didn’t like Nikes because they tended to pinch my feet at the flex point. Converse fit me better.
Yes, Nikes were too stiff and they never really fit my forefoot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Or their little sons. Ionescu's shoe is popular with both genders from what I've seen in watching some high school games recently. Wouldn't be surprised if Bueckers getting a similar response once these shoes hit the market.
I expect her to get the Caitlin response from that crew.

Reaction Score
I expect her to get jumped at every opportunity and the refs to swallow their whistles, etc etc.
How does that relate to this thread when we're talking about shoes?

Regardless, I think you're getting ahead of yourself as to what may or may not happen to Bueckers when she finally gets drafted.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How does that relate to this thread when we're talking about shoes?

Regardless, I think you're getting ahead of yourself as to what may or may not happen to Bueckers when she finally gets drafted.
An expectation is a conjecture about the future and judging by the recent past a shoe for a "rookie" is not well received. It relates to the shoe. Just let me know your guard rails and I'll try to stay inside them. What may or may not happen is pretty much the grist of sports chat. We are always getting ahead of ourselves, whether it be will we get X recruit or how will we match up against Notre Dame or USC. That and what just happened in the sport.

Reaction Score
An expectation is a conjecture about the future and judging by the recent past a shoe for a "rookie" is not well received. It relates to the shoe. Just let me know your guard rails and I'll try to stay inside them. What may or may not happen is pretty much the grist of sports chat. We are always getting ahead of ourselves, whether it be will we get X recruit or how will we match up against Notre Dame or USC. That and what just happened in the sport.
This is interesting because the whole "league resents Clark" still comes across as social media hype than actual reality to me. Everyone will have their opinion based on how they perceive things. My perception is that most of it is bunk and that Taurasi's comments were taken out of context more than they should have been.

It's no different than these "WNBA" pages on FB and social media making erroneous claims that Clark was dropped by Nike, she's signing with Adidas for insane numbers, etc. This has taken on a life of its own due to trolls who want to drive engagement to their "sites" that were recently created, have no long term credibility in the sport and could be a home for malware that attack our devices.

It's not a matter of guardrails for me but understanding what you actually meant. It's taken two replies to get the full context of your perspective regarding your orginal comment.

I think it's too soon to say anything as to how Bueckers will or won't be treated. You see things differently. That's how the world works.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed with player shoes - they never make wide width. I've been begging Puma so I can get a pair of Stewie's shoes.
I haven't checked Sabrina's.
Interesting @GoUconn7961 . You'd figure big people, big wide feet. Hoka, which is big in outdoor long distance and trail, has a few wide and xtrawide but maybe 95 or more % are just regular. Age has put me in xwide, so when I buy I buy two and pray they don't forget us.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is interesting because the whole "league resents Clark" still comes across as social media hype than actual reality to me. Everyone will have their opinion based on how they perceive things. My perception is that most of it is bunk and that Taurasi's comments were taken out of context more than they should have been.

It's no different than these "WNBA" pages on FB and social media making erroneous claims that Clark was dropped by Nike, she's signing with Adidas for insane numbers, etc. This has taken on a life of its own due to trolls who want to drive engagement to their "sites" that were recently created, have no long term credibility in the sport and could be a home for malware that attack our devices.

It's not a matter of guardrails for me but understanding what you actually meant. It's taken two replies to get the full context of your perspective regarding your orginal comment.

I think it's too soon to say anything as to how Bueckers will or won't be treated. You see things differently. That's how the world works.
It is incredible what social media will put out for clicks. No shame at all. As far as the "league resents Clark" and "social media hype" I suspect it is a mix. Watching the summer go by I was disturbed by the lack of support she had when attacked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom