Paige committed to getting her 4 YEAR degree | The Boneyard

Paige committed to getting her 4 YEAR degree

Does Paige Stay for Year 5 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
she can't leave UConn without winning at least one National Championship..........even if it takes five years........:rolleyes:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wonder how her NIL compensation compares to WNBA and overseas money. I bet it is closer than many would think.
She'll likely make far more through endorsements than earnings from playing, but her endorsement deals will still be in tact when she goes pro. So going pro she'll still get endorsement deals, plus WNBA and overseas money.

Reaction Score
With her NIL income, she has less incentive to turn pro early than most other college kids.
she lives in a rich area, income will not be the reason why she stays or leaves.

Reaction Score
I’m just glad that staying four years is Paige’s plan. I was worried she might leave after the 3rd year because she is WNBA eligible in 2023. Would love to see her stay a 5th year for selfish reasons but I also like the idea of an Azzi Fudd-led squad in 2024-25.

Reaction Score
I wonder how her NIL compensation compares to WNBA and overseas money. I bet it is closer than many would think.
I bet Paige makes way more on NILs than she would in the wnba. way more. Foreign nba players, who are normally benched, make millions more in their own country off of endorsements than they do with their nba salary. Just my humble opinion.

Reaction Score
I bet Paige makes way more on NILs than she would in the wnba. way more. Foreign nba players, who are normally benched, make millions more in their own country off of endorsements than they do with their nba salary. Just my humble opinion.
And overseas?? Paige is going baaannkkk! Give her three years, and that fourth,is going to be a million dollar contract, maybe more.

Reaction Score
Little doubt in my mind that she will be making at least as much, probably more than she will with her salary (at least for the first couple of years) in US & Europe combined. However, it’s not that simple, as her endorsements/NIL deals won’t simply disappear as she moves into the Professional ranks. She will still be giving up all that salary money even if the endorsements stay. So, she will definitely be giving up a goodly chunk of cash if she were to stay for a fifth year! She will stay, if she stays, for the love of the game, her teammates, and a desire to leave a greater mark at UConn.

Reaction Score
By the time Paige goes pro, will players in the W still be allowed to play in other countries during the off season? My impression is no. Factor in the low-paying rookie contract and low team salary caps, and a much better salary in Europe or Asia looking pretty appealing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
By the time Paige goes pro, will players in the W still be allowed to play in other countries during the off season? My impression is no. Factor in the low-paying rookie contract and low team salary caps, and a much better salary in Europe or Asia looking pretty appealing.
I think I saw where 1st and second year players can go overseas and don't have that May 1st deadline penalty. Paige wants to play 24/7 and play against the best. WNBA is the best and select Int teams I suspect are also attractive. She just needs to make sure she does not overdo it.

Reaction Score
All these Will she stay or will she go posts get hung up on the money aspect. Money is the driving force in many people's lives but not everyone's! Paige has enough money to live a good life. She appears to be motivated on being the best and competing against the best. That drive will determine her future, not how much she might make. I'd be willing to bet she will be a constant on the USA women's team for the love of the game. Yes I look at this from my won perspective as I was a teacher for my career. I never took that job for the pay. My motivation was the vacations I could spend with my children. Different strokes...

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
After UConn, playing in the W and overseas may take a toll on her slight body. With all the NIL money she will be making, she has the opportunity to not go overseas, stay in the country, and just enjoy her charity work, as well as her NIL promotions and even get some down time. She may be the first women's BB player to not need overseas money to supplement her income. This girl is special, and she will be a great ambassador of the game by traveling around the country meeting people and promoting, not just basketball, but her Brands as well. She will be sought after, without wearing herself out by playing 365 days a year.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
she can't leave UConn without winning at least one National Championship..........even if it takes five years........:rolleyes:
She will stay at UCONN as long as her NIL money exceeds her Nike contract and oversea basketball income, ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She will stay at UCONN as long as her NIL money exceeds her Nike contract and oversea basketball income, ;):rolleyes:
As everyone has stated Money wont be a factor in her decision most likely . She comes from money has her own money now i doubt she will need big paydays like most WNBA rookies.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
As everyone has stated Money wont be a factor in her decision most likely . She comes from money has her own money now i doubt she will need big paydays like most WNBA rookies.

Reaction Score
She comes from money?

Looks like a middle class family here.

Reaction Score
By the time she's ready for the draft with 4 years playing at UCONN she will COME FROM MONEY lol. Maybe i should have specified it a bit.

sun

Reaction Score
I think that Paige will want as much college success as possible, and also wants to spread as much success as possible to her teammates, coaches and even bring more notoriety to NCAA WBB.
I'm guessing that success through NCAA championships and college superstardom would be preferable to simply making it in the WNBA, maybe becoming a star and taking some years to only possibly being nearly as successful on the court.
Money doesn't create a superstar, but becoming a superstar does create money.
All of the hype in the world isn't going to make Paige a WNBA superstar.
But she already has a head start in the NCAA.
I'm not so sure that the road in the WNBA will be as quick and easy without proving that she's capable of significant accomplishment that the NCAA can provide.
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
I think that she want superstardom more than she wants money, and the more NCAA superstardom that she can get will provide better insurance for her uncertain future in any pro league.
She should exploit the NCAA as much as possible and build off of it until she's no longer eligible.
Of course I'm not Paige, but there's a strong argument for staying put.
She also knows Geno is near the end of the road, there's Azzi and NCAA WBB to help out, and staying on as the ultimate role model would appear to be the most altruistic offering that she could make.

sun

Reaction Score
I hope that she can profit by selling a whole bunch of UConn jerseys to all of her young adoring fans.
Not WNBA jerseys but UConn jerseys, and whatever else that can now be licensed.
Any new NIL profits and success on the NCAA court could help her decide to stay the extra year, and then her fans could really become fantastic Paige Buckets fanatics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom