Paige bulking up | The Boneyard

Paige bulking up

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Athletic story on Paige's off-season. Lots of quotes from Paige and Andrea Hudy.

Hudy says Paige has put on 10 pound so far this off-season.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don`t think it is possible to overstate the importance of Andrea Hudy to the UConn program at this particular moment in time.

Coming off many major injuries and some nagging injuries; players needing to learn the importance of a good diet; players like Paige needing to get stronger.

I`m looking to see a team that embraces a fast-paced, full court game, subbing regularly, pressing defensively and pushing pace. That requires everyone to be in peak physical condition.

Hopefully she is the difference maker that allows us to get over that last hurdle.

Reaction Score
A good example of what a very serious offseason can do for a player is Boston at South Carolina. She fell off a little bit after a great freshman season. Being so disappointed at losing a very close game at the Final Four her sophomore year, she came back her junior year significantly improving her measurables in every way, lighter but stronger, lifting more weight, faster sprint times and adding a few inches to her vertical. South Carolina was of course expected to be very good, but their separation from the rest of the field was mostly due to their star taking it to another level, mostly because of her offseason.

Paige is in many ways in the same position Boston was last year, hopefully her offseason will be similar as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don`t think it is possible to overstate the importance of Andrea Hudy to the UConn program at this particular moment in time.

Coming off many major injuries and some nagging injuries; players needing to learn the importance of a good diet; players like Paige needing to get stronger.

I`m looking to see a team that embraces a fast-paced, full court game, subbing regularly, pressing defensively and pushing pace. That requires everyone to be in peak physical condition.

Hopefully she is the difference maker that allows us to get over that last hurdle.
I agree on Hudy’s importance to UConn. While UConn has maintained an incredibly high level of excellence for a very long time, in the last 5 years or so UConn has struggled on occasion with strong, physical teams.

We are in year 2 of Hudy’s transformation of UConn WBB to a team better able to match up with physical teams like SC. The addition of Ice & Ayanna, two strong, physical frontcourt players, will only add to UConn’s ability to handle physical play.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The addition of Ice & Ayanna, two strong, physical frontcourt players, will only add to UConn’s ability to handle physical play.
Speaking of the freshmen, Paige had this to say:

Bueckers knows she’ll likely remain long and lanky, but it’s about adding as much muscle to her frame as possible. She’s already garnered inspiration from new freshmen on campus, Isuneh “Ice” Brady and Ayanna Patterson. Bueckers describes both as gifted in the weight room.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She’s different,” Hudy said. “She’s special. You can tell that both mentally and physically. But we knew, though, that she needed to increase some body mass and get some tissue density. We knew that. And the great thing and what I’m so proud of Paige for is that she’s done it on her own, you know, with a little bit of guidance.”

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
By her senior season, Stewart was reported to be the second strongest person on the team (I’m guessing Tuck might have been stronger?).

Those who take everything about their basketball journey seriously will get results.

Reaction Score
By her senior season, Stewart was reported to be the second strongest person on the team (I’m guessing Tuck might have been stronger?).

Those who take everything about their basketball journey seriously will get results.

I recently rewatched a video interview where Bueckers is asked when she knew it was basketball. She said "when I was 5 I knew". We are talking Mozart material. Geno is just a straight man for her banter because she puts harder demands on herself than he does. And I'll bet Geno can't wait to get to work every day.
Bueckers also realizes that right now she is probably playing with as much talent as she will see except for the national team. Notice I said talent. Geno has Dorka as a top 6 pick. Bueckers and Fudd have good chances of being 1's. Edwards looks like she was built for the pros. Ducharme's another with the size to shoot over defenders. It's unlikely Bueckers and Fudd will play together again unless they both make the national team so there's just more motivation. So her being in the weight room all summer is no surprise to me, along with the care be taken with Fudd's foot. This is Blues Bros. mission intensity folks.

Reaction Score
In one interview toward the beginning of last season, Dawn said Boston was the second fastest player down the court, only Henderson was faster.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In one interview toward the beginning of last season, Dawn said Boston was the second fastest player down the court, only Henderson was faster.
A Geno like maneuver to get the other players to go harder? ;)

Seriously, her stamina is so much improved, it lets her full talent show.

Reaction Score
A Geno like maneuver to get the other players to go harder? ;)

Seriously, her stamina is so much improved, it lets her full talent show.
Yes, it's the last piece of the puzzle for her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guessing there is a follow up regimen

1658332401808.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Guessing there is a follow up regimen

View attachment 77658
I’d like to see a 2-3 minute video of this guy pulling this tanker. I want to see “noticeable” movement. At least 8-10 feet. :eek: Pulling a ship of that size is unconscionable.

UHF

Reaction Score
Increased gain in weight, muscle and strength are nice - as long as flexibility and shooting percentage are not compromised. LeBron James is built like a tank, but has shot 38% or better from 3PT in only 2 of his 19 seasons. Just the facts, ma'am.

If the referees continue to whistle touch fouls outside the arc, but not whistle mugging below the foul line - Paige will still get forearmed, grabbed, held, pulled, and pushed. Geno needs to protect her early and often in the upcoming season.

I have often stayed at the Holiday Inn and earned degrees in Kinesiology, Sports Science and Health & Human Performance.

;)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Increased gain in weight, muscle and strength are nice - as long as flexibility and shooting percentage are not compromised. LeBron James is built like a tank, but has shot 38% or better from 3PT in only 2 of his 19 seasons. Just the facts, ma'am.

If the referees continue to whistle touch fouls outside the arc, but not whistle mugging below the foul line - Paige will still get forearmed, grabbed, held, pulled, and pushed. Geno needs to protect her early and often in the upcoming season.

I have often stayed at the Holiday Inn and earned degrees in Kinesiology, Sports Science and Health & Human Performance.

;)
HIE_expertise.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom