Paige Bueckers: Something Special From The Get-Go | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers: Something Special From The Get-Go

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ah, what's one more, detailed Paige article, this time as part of her being named the Star-Tribune player of the year for a third time:

By eighth grade, she was a regular in Hopkins’ galaxy of stars. Coach Brian Cosgriff knew he had something special in Bueckers, but it was a game against Elk River that season that convinced him just how good she could be.

“She went either seven-for-eight or eight-for-nine from three. She essentially won the game for us as an eighth-grader,” he recalled. “At that time, [current Boston College head coach] Marisa Moseley was an assistant at UConn. She used to be an assistant at the U. I called her, said ‘Marisa, you’ve got to check this kid out. She’s going to be great.’ I sent them the Elk River film and somebody took a look at her that summer. Geno [Auremma] has been in our gym ever since.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“She was in third grade, playing up on the fifth-grade traveling team,” he recalled. “I was coaching the team and I had some buddies come out to watch the final of a tournament. There were eight seconds left and we were down by five. We’d only made, like, one or two three-pointers all year, but Paige drains a three. Then she steals the inbounds pass and hits a floater to send the game to overtime. We ended up losing, but when I see my buddies, we still talk about that.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good job Marisa. Of course, not even a blind squirrel could miss Paige.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom