Paige Bueckers by John Fanta | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers by John Fanta

Reaction Score
I really enjoy his calls on UConn’s FOX games. Great article by John Fanta.

UConn star Paige Bueckers is back, stronger and 'even more confident' | FOX Sports

1698951703303.jpeg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Paige has a lot of natural talent, but so do a lot of players. But when Geno talks about how she's a better player now than she was before the injury because of how much she's studied the game -- that makes her special. She didn't sit around and mope, she studied, showed up to practices with a whistle, talked strategy with the coaches, helped other players out.

She found a way to use her time not playing basketball to become a better basketball player.

Reaction Score
Excellent article and well written. How Geno coaches is the difference between him and other coaches and why he has 11 NC's and they don't. His ability to get the maximum out of his players and not have them hate him is a gift. Also , his way of getting his point across so his players know what he wants from them is exceptional. There is only ONE GENO and thank God we have him. Looking forward to him being the winningest coach in history and will never be surpassed. GO GENO!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A well written, excellent article.

Paige is a different player/ person than her freshman season and that is as it should be. Despite the two major injuries, she has maintained her focus. Bench time has given her insight into the game she didn't have before. Recovering from injuries, rehabbing, she now has a greater appreciation of conditioning and diet. She has matured as a person. That maturity will be reflected in her play on the court.

Geno is Geno when he deals with his players. We know he is a master at pushing the right buttons to get the most our of a player. But it is more than just basketball which I think many of us forget. Basketball is Geno's way of teaching life lessons that will remain with a player long after they have left the program. You can see Geno's relationships with his players over the years. The mussing up of his hair after a national championship to Diana's patting him on the head after a deep three. Those are the little clues to how Geno relates to all his players.

Reaction Score
Random shot.

As a student of the game, how did Stewie compare to Paige? I know she was a headsy. player but Paige seems to be a coach in training

Reaction Score
I really enjoy his calls on UConn’s FOX games. Great article by John Fanta.

UConn star Paige Bueckers is back, stronger and 'even more confident' | FOX Sports

View attachment 92668
It's ironic to me that after playing sports all my life (basketball, cycling, track, running, etc) and becoming somewhat jaded with the professional leagues, I am as excited as a little kid in anticipation of the upcoming season.

Years ago, when Friends, the show, was in vogue, Thursday night was dubbed "must-see" TV. Now, whenever and whatever time UConn is playing, everything else is scheduled around it.

Let's hope UConn has an injury-free season, and then we'll see where the chips fall. I'll be along for every step of the ride.

Reaction Score
Random shot.

As a student of the game, how did Stewie compare to Paige? I know she was a headsy. player but Paige seems to be a coach in training
If they stay healthy Paige and Clark will redefine what a superstar in the WNBA looks like. In my opinion the last time a player or players with this type of shift in the game was Diana Taurasi. She was just a different type of player and we are all lucky to have a couple that will take over the torch for her and move the Women's game to new heights. This will be an exciting year for UConn and the fans.

Reactions: KCD
Reaction Score
A well written, excellent article.

Paige is a different player/ person than her freshman season and that is as it should be. Despite the two major injuries, she has maintained her focus. Bench time has given her insight into the game she didn't have before. Recovering from injuries, rehabbing, she now has a greater appreciation of conditioning and diet. She has matured as a person. That maturity will be reflected in her play on the court.

Geno is Geno when he deals with his players. We know he is a master at pushing the right buttons to get the most our of a player. But it is more than just basketball which I think many of us forget. Basketball is Geno's way of teaching life lessons that will remain with a player long after they have left the program. You can see Geno's relationships with his players over the years. The mussing up of his hair after a national championship to Diana's patting him on the head after a deep three. Those are the little clues to how Geno relates to all his players.
And Paige's slapping him on the butt while heading back up court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom