Paige Bueckers’ Film School w/ Maya Nnaji | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers’ Film School w/ Maya Nnaji

Reaction Score
I can see the practice sessions now. Paige gonna be posting up on the block going through her post moves.

Reaction Score
Arizona will be loaded with bigs with Nnaji and Breya Cunningham

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Quick. What alcoholic drink uses Gatorade?
Turns out there are all sorts of Gatorade cocktails. One in particular caught my eye: the Angry Granny. Not to interesting though. Just the Gator and whiskey. Then there is the Bloody Roadrunner : Gatorade, Hawaiian Fruit Punch, Southern Comfort. Yuck!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Following Hopkins, waiting for Paige, meant following Maya too. A good kid with a good heart and sense of humor.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That was fun. They appeared to be having a good time hanging out together.

If Maya is anywhere near as good as a Fr. as her brother Zeke was, Arizona fans are going to be very happy.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I miss seeing Paige's Dirk fadeaway. I hope she gets to effectively use them more next season. :)

Reaction Score
Should I cry over spilled milk? Did we pursue Maya? I know she wants to be a doctor so maybe AZ was always her choice plus her brother went there. Although I do believe I read UConns med school outranks AZ. I know we have a star in Ice. I’m just greedy. Maya is gonna be a fine college player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Should I cry over spilled milk? Did we pursue Maya? I know she wants to be a doctor so maybe AZ was always her choice plus her brother went there. Although I do believe I read UConns med school outranks AZ. I know we have a star in Ice. I’m just greedy. Maya is gonna be a fine college player.
Although she is a terrific player, it is doubtful that UCONN pursued Maya Nnaji because the Ice Brady commitment to UCONN came very early in class of 2022 recruiting cycle. Ice visited UCONN (unofficially) October of 2019 and committed shortly after. I believe her commitment to UCONN was the first commitment not just for UCONN but also among the top 100 players in the entire class of 2022. I'm not sure how things are going to work out for Arizona and Maya because Arizona has Cunningham coming in next season.

Reaction Score
Although she is a terrific player, it is doubtful that UCONN pursued Maya Nnaji because the Ice Brady commitment to UCONN came very early in class of 2022 recruiting cycle. Ice visited UCONN (unofficially) October of 2019 and committed shortly after. I believe her commitment to UCONN was the first commitment not just for UCONN but also among the top 100 players in the entire class of 2022. I'm not sure how things are going to work out for Arizona and Maya because Arizona has Cunningham coming in next season.
Cunningham at the 5, Maya 4. Maybe?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I believe she said she wanted a coach that can culturally identify with her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe she said she wanted a coach that can culturally identify with her.
Not picking on you post as you are only the messenger. Personally I get nauseated by that kind of talk because all too often it is "code" for something else which some parents and players are too coward to say out loud. It is like that add "family atmosphere" thing you often hear repeated in recruiting circles. I would respect it a lot more if the parents and players would just come out and say: "I would prefer to play for a black or woman coach because I think I can relate to her better."-which is what I really think they mean to say and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not picking on you post as you are only the messenger. Personally I get nauseated by that kind of talk because all too often it is "code" for something else which some parents and players are too coward to say out loud. It is like that add "family atmosphere" thing you often hear repeated in recruiting circles. I would respect it a lot more if the parents and players would just come out and say: "I would prefer to play for a black or woman coach because I think I can relate to her better."-which is what I really think they mean to say and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I used that "subtle" language because I thought ,maybe it is more sensitive. (Not that I am good at that). Nnaji was more explicit and used the language you suggested/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom