Paige Buecker & Aubrey Griffin to Attend U19 Trials | The Boneyard

Paige Buecker & Aubrey Griffin to Attend U19 Trials

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Team trials. Invitations were issued by the USA Basketball Women’s Junior National Team Committee, chaired by George Washington University head coach Jennifer Rizzotti.

Serving as head coach for the 2019 USA U19 World Cup Team is Jeff Walz(Louisville), and collegiate head coaches Natasha Adair (Delaware) and Cori Close (UCLA) are the USA’s assistant coaches.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Breakdown by class:

2018s (rising college sophomores)
Shakira Austin
Jenna Brown
Chrislyn Carr
Nia Clouden
Elissa Cunane
Aquira DeCosta
Elizabeth Dixon
Queen Egbo
Shaylee Gonzalez
Naz Hillmon-Baker
Rhyne Howard
Ashley Joens
Jordan Nixon
Abby Prohaska
Taylor Robertson
Nalyssa Smith

2019s (incoming freshmen)
Fran Belibi
Aijha Blackwell
Aliyah Boston
Zia Cooke
Maori Davenport
Aubrey Griffin
Haley Jones
Diamond Miller
Charisma Osborne
Celeste Taylor

2020s (rising high school seniors)
Paige Bueckers
Cameron Brink
Caitlin Clark
Hailey Van Lith

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No Rickea Jackson?
No Samantha Brunelle?
No ONO?
No Christyn Williams?
No Jordan Horston?
No Olivia Cochran?
What did Elizabeth Dixon do to deserve an invite? Oh that's right she signed with Louisville.

No Brunelle and no Peoples (who was on the U18 team last year).

Makes me think they chose to focus on preparing for ND given that they will have major roles on day one. Or maybe they have summer classes that conflict? I would have expected both to be invited.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No Brunelle and no Peoples (who was on the U18 team last year).
Makes me think they chose to focus on preparing for ND given that they will have major roles on day one. Or maybe they have summer classes that conflict? I would have expected both to be invited.
But Jordan Nixon & Abby Prohaska are both going?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
But Jordan Nixon & Abby Prohaska are both going?

Kind of interesting given that they both made the U18 team but then chose not to play and go on ND's European trip instead. USAB apparently not holding that against them and giving them another shot.

Maybe Nixon and Proshaska going (and having gone out for U18 last year) pokes a hole in my theory. I don't know.

Anyway, this should be good for Jordan and Abby and I would be thrilled if either made the team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kind of interesting given that they both made the U18 team but then chose not to play and go on ND's European trip instead. USAB apparently not holding that against them and giving them another shot.
Maybe Nixon and Proshaska going (and having gone out for U18 last year) pokes a hole in my theory. I don't know.
Anyway, this should be good for Jordan and Abby and I would be thrilled if either made the team.
Nixon had a great tryout last year and would have probably made the team ahead of Charisma Osborne.

Reaction Score
Nixon had a great tryout last year and would have probably made the team ahead of Charisma Osborne.
Nixon made the U18 team, while Osborne made the U17. Nixon was too old to try out for the U17 team. She did not play with the team because ND did a European tour last summer

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nixon made the U18 team, while Osborne made the U17. Nixon was too old to try out for the U17 team. She did not play with the team because ND did a European tour last summer
My bad I got the teams mixed up and thanks for clarifying that Nixon actually made the team.

Reaction Score
No Rickea Jackson?
No Samantha Brunelle?
No ONO?
No Christyn Williams?
No Jordan Horston?
No Olivia Cochran?
What did Elizabeth Dixon do to deserve an invite? Oh that's right she signed with Louisville.
No Williams or Nelson-Ododa is strange. Probably something going on there.

I think Liz Dixon has a very respectable freshman season at GA Tech 11 PPG and 6.4 RPG. I’m sure the Louisville part doesn’t hurt.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No Williams or Nelson-Ododa is strange. Probably something going on there.
I think Liz Dixon has a very respectable freshman season at GA Tech 11 PPG and 6.4 RPG. I’m sure the Louisville part doesn’t hurt.
I think @Orangutan might have been on to something with summer sessions being a conflict for some of the teams and players. This would be a commitment for a couple days in May for trials then almost the entire month of July. Could be UCONN and other teams with many new players incoming players is using the summer to get prepared.

May 16-19
Training camp July 5-19.
U19 World Cup July 20-28 in Bangkok, Thailand.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think @Orangutan might have been on to something with summer sessions being a conflict for some of the teams and players. This would be a commitment for a couple days in May for trials then almost the entire month of July. Could be UCONN and other teams with many new players incoming players is using the summer to get prepared.

May 16-19
Training camp July 5-19.

No one needs to be on campus more than Griffin but she is on the list. :confused:

Reaction Score

May 16-19
Training camp July 5-19.
Rickea Jackson and Mississippi State will be competing in the FISU games in Italy from July 3-12.

Jordan Horston and Tennessee will be in Belgium, the Netherlands, and France from August 6-15.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Christyn and Liv will be competing in 3 x 3. Perhaps that is enough.

Could be. I’m sure Carl or someone will ask Geno. Maybe they need and want a break.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would think the U19 USA team has much more prestige and is more meaningful to the players than the 3 x 3.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
PanAm games are also this summer. Team USA is typically made up of college players. Remember Stewie and Moriah played 4 years ago but were no match for Kia Nurse and Team Canada.

Crystal and Meg? Christyn and Liv?

Reaction Score
Gotta believe Williams and ONO had other commitments that is keeping them from participating in these trials and It can't be 3x3 because I see other names on there that will be competing in 3x3.

Reaction Score
Reese was also invited, but had to decline due to prior commitments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom