OT - Paige breaks hand...good news for UMD | The Boneyard

OT - Paige breaks hand...good news for UMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you thought he meant "good news for UNC" how would that be good news?
Maryland and UNC are playing in the ACC-B10 Challenge. So he's saying if Maryland wins that's good for UConn when they play Maryland. Higher ranked, better RPI, etc.

Reaction Score
Maryland and UNC are playing in the ACC-B10 Challenge. So he's saying if Maryland wins that's good for UConn when they play Maryland. Higher ranked, better RPI, etc.

I know, I'm not the one who misunderstood the original post.

Zionn seemed to be suggesting that the original post meant Paige breaking his hand would be good news for UNC.

Reaction Score
I know, I'm not the one who misunderstood the original post.

Zionn seemed to be suggesting that the original post meant Paige breaking his hand would be good new for UNC.
Sorry. I should have responded to Zionn's post instead.

Reaction Score
I think that he thought that I thought paige played for UMD. I know he plays for UNC, I just thought you guys might think it was somewhat thought provoking news for rpi, rankings, sos etc. I think I won't think about it so much next time

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...4da9be-84ca-11e5-9afb-0c971f713d0c_story.html

Of note: "While Stone’s signing in April bolstered Maryland’s place in the national championship conversation and contributed to the most hyped off season since the early 2000s, his transition from high school star has been a bit bumpy. Stone arrived in College Park out of shape, and while he possesses an accelerated offensive skill set for a player his age, it was apparent it would take a period of adjustment on the defensive end. Stone dropped 21 pounds in about two months (he’s now playing at 249 pounds) and began to focus on his defensive approach for the first time. He has made the most progress over the past two weeks, which prompted Coach Mark Turgeon to choose the freshman as his starting center over junior Damonte Dodd on Friday night.... Stone was far from perfect. He started the game by hitting all three of his field goals, but Stone committed his second personal foul with 11 minutes 10 seconds left in the first half. He played only five minutes before halftime (because of foul trouble)..."

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
what conference can the aac go against for a challenge like the other conferences are doing?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
what conference can the aac go against for a challenge like the other conferences are doing?
it looks like from the prospective football bowl games that Conference USA and the MAC are considered roughly equivalent.
Blechhhh

Reaction Score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...4da9be-84ca-11e5-9afb-0c971f713d0c_story.html

Of note: "While Stone’s signing in April bolstered Maryland’s place in the national championship conversation and contributed to the most hyped off season since the early 2000s, his transition from high school star has been a bit bumpy. Stone arrived in College Park out of shape, and while he possesses an accelerated offensive skill set for a player his age, it was apparent it would take a period of adjustment on the defensive end. Stone dropped 21 pounds in about two months (he’s now playing at 249 pounds) and began to focus on his defensive approach for the first time. He has made the most progress over the past two weeks, which prompted Coach Mark Turgeon to choose the freshman as his starting center over junior Damonte Dodd on Friday night.... Stone was far from perfect. He started the game by hitting all three of his field goals, but Stone committed his second personal foul with 11 minutes 10 seconds left in the first half. He played only five minutes before halftime (because of foul trouble)..."

Bad news is he won't get into foul trouble vs our bigs unless he does so on help defuse off the ball. We have no one to make him work in the low block on D, unless Steve sees time.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm out on a limb here. I believe Amida gets the best of Diamond

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bad news is he won't get into foul trouble vs our bigs unless he does so on help defuse off the ball. We have no one to make him work in the low block on D, unless Steve sees time.

Is he their full time center? Or does he play some PF? Miller would work him on the offensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom