Paige and NIL signings? | The Boneyard

Paige and NIL signings?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Excuse me if this has been answered, but has Paige announced any NIL signings? Did the school put a lockdown on signings to a future date and if so, what is that date?

Reaction Score
Paige & NIL?
Would have been November of 2019.

Paige and UCONN cannot comment on NIL signings until they have happened. If you are asking about other players signing day for Class of 2022 will be November 10, 2021. Ayanna Patterson and Ice Brady are expected to sign on this day.

I believe he’s asking about NIL not NSD.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Correct, NIL= Name, Image, Likeness. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Understood-my mistake.
The school cannot put restrictions on NIL signings beyond those that the NCAA have already put in place which are endorsements of Alcohol, Tobacco ,Adult Entertainment and Gambling related products. Geno has asked the entire team to run any potential NIL endorsements by the compliance staff prior to signing. Geno was really asking. It is also my understanding that counseling (Legal?) on NIL has been made available to the players and arranged by the school. Piage signed a deal with company that arranges public speaking engagement. She a natural as seen by her ESPY speech!

Reaction Score
Excuse me if this has been answered, but has Paige announced any NIL signings? Did the school put a lockdown on signings to a future date and if so, what is that date?
Paige went into pretty good detail about what her thoughts and actions are regarding NIL. This video was in on July 6, and as far as I know, she hasn't done anything except sign with an agent. I don't think there are any lockdowns or anything like that.

Reaction Score
Understood-my mistake.
The school cannot put restrictions on NIL signings beyond those that the NCAA have already put in place which are endorsements of Alcohol, Tobacco ,Adult Entertainment and Gambling related products. Geno has asked the entire team to run any potential NIL endorsements by the compliance staff prior to signing. Geno was really asking. It is also my understanding that counseling (Legal?) on NIL has been made available to the players and arranged by the school. Piage signed a deal with company that arranges public speaking engagement. She a natural as seen by her ESPY speech!

Glad for the clarity that schools such as UConn are not interfering with the autonomy granted to student/athletes to monetize their NILs. I was concerned that schools would insert themselves into the process, in effect taking away what the NCAA had grudgingly surrendered.
I also question the employment by the schools of any so-called "branding agent" whose help is not voluntarily solicited by the individual student. Student/athletes may aspire to making money in the new system, but it's realistic for only a very few.

Reaction Score
I think that the schools are in real danger of having wins forfeited if a player breaks a rule. Having someone available to see if the agreement is within the rules is smart.

Reaction Score
I think that the schools are in real danger of having wins forfeited if a player breaks a rule. Having someone available to see if the agreement is within the rules is smart.
Rule breaking is the norm. It’s just a matter of who and when they get caught. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I reckon if there are any signings, they're going to announce it during the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom