Paige and MDs determining next steps | The Boneyard

Paige and MDs determining next steps

Reaction Score
“You can tell she has a lot more higher spirits, jumping around a lot more, getting on everyone’s nerves more,” Azzi Fudd joked

Reaction Score
my totally unscientific belief is that Ms Bueckers will return to play in the first round of the Big East Tournament on March 5th or 6th.......
The tournaments are all that matters this season anyway. Come back healthy then and see what happens.

Reaction Score
Fudd was integrated into team practices in stages with monitoring. The monitoring seemed to be mostly asking her how she felt and when she felt comfortable playing she was put back into the lineup. Same with Mühl's foot/ankle. The healing of Bueckers' injury is a lot less complicated than a stress reaction/fracture of the foot. If her medical staff says she can resume activity I would expect her playing again a week later.
And I trust her to make the right decision. 1) She's very mature 2) She just went through this last summer. 3) And her goals go beyond UConn.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I would like it if she returns on either 2/25 (St. John’s) or 2/27 (Providence) so she gets to have a well deserved Gampel Pavilion welcome. Even if only she plays until the first or second game stoppage. Caveat: everyone that matters (medically) has given the thumbs up.

Reaction Score
I guess this means she's not playing tomorrow against TN... :)
But maybe a cameo to limp out and hit a last second 3 pointer? :)

Reaction Score
I suspect Paige will get a week of limited practice to see how how the injury reacts and if ok then a week of full practice. Like with Azzi. Let's hope her shakedown cruise goes well!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I would like it if she returns on either 2/25 (St. John’s) or 2/27 (Providence) so she gets to have a well deserved Gampel Pavilion welcome. Even if only she plays until the first or second game stoppage. Caveat: everyone that matters (medically) has given the thumbs up.
I would say, don't start her but put her in after 2/3 minutes and watch the place go BeRsErK!!!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This news should come as no surprise to anyone.

If the doctors clear her to resume physical activity, I would expect at least two weeks before she sets foot on the court in a game. And at that, her minutes will most likely be limited.

Reaction Score
my totally unscientific belief is that Ms Bueckers will return to play in the first round of the Big East Tournament on March 5th or 6th.......
While I like the thought, I too hate the thought. Setting a specific date, by Paige or Geno (not you) would send chills down my spine--I want Paige healthy for the next 4 years and I don't want it rushed if it will limit her future at Uconn.

Reaction Score
I think she has a ways to go. In today's press conference with Geno someone mentioned that Paige tried to go after a ball that got away and it didn't look good. In 4 weeks it's Big East tourney time. 4 weeks after that and the players will be at home until summer session.

Reaction Score
I think she has a ways to go. In today's press conference with Geno someone mentioned that Paige tried to go after a ball that got away and it didn't look good. In 4 weeks it's Big East tourney time. 4 weeks after that and the players will be at home until summer session.
I don’t understand some of the things that go on with this team. What the hell is she doing going after a ball at this point in the rehab? She’s nowhere near even having the opportunity to do that. Tie her to a chair before disaster happens

Reaction Score
I don’t understand some of the things that go on with this team. What the hell is she doing going after a ball at this point in the rehab? She’s nowhere near even having the opportunity to do that. Tie her to a chair before disaster happens
You have no idea what "going after a ball" means. For all we know the ball rolled away and she went trotting to retrieve it.

Reaction Score
You have no idea what "going after a ball" means. For all we know the ball rolled away and she went trotting to retrieve it.
Trotting …she went trotting? My god is no one watching the only person who gives us a chance at the ring? Put a net over her before it’s too late.

Reaction Score
Maybe she should take 2 years off to make sure she's healthy for her pro career???

"please Paige... please don't play until you get drafted. I want you healthy for your pro career. And even then just play 15 min a game. You must trust me on this Paige"

Reaction Score
While I like the thought, I too hate the thought. Setting a specific date, by Paige or Geno (not you) would send chills down my spine--I want Paige healthy for the next 4 years and I don't want it rushed if it will limit her future at Uconn.
I'm pretty confident that Geno & Co wouldn't risk her future by rushing her back too soon...........that's not how they roll........:)

Reaction Score
Don't you feel the momentum building in this squad? Maybe I'm too emotional. I should just get out my stat sheet and check boxes every game. Paige came to UConn to win NC's, like the iconic stars before her.
Of course, no one wants her rushed back ill advisedly. Seems very unlikely at UConn, from what we've seen especially this year.
People need to wake up and pay attention. Can't you the feel the earth starting to rumble a little?
This is the team!

Reaction Score
Maybe she should take 2 years off to make sure she's healthy for her pro career???

"please Paige... please don't play until you get drafted. I want you healthy for your pro career. And even then just play 15 min a game. You must trust me on this Paige"
Before you read Alydar's comments, please look up facetious...

Oh, I got it for you here:

Essential Meaning of facetious
—used to describe speech that is meant to be funny but that is usually regarded as annoying, silly, or not proper,
E.g. "I was just being facetious."

per Definition of FACETIOUS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom