Paige and her first top 10 matchup | The Boneyard

Paige and her first top 10 matchup

Reaction Score
What's your expectations for how Paige will react/play in her first major televised matchup against a top 10 team ? I think she embraces the moment and dominates. Somewhere at/near a triple double.

Reaction Score
Well, Stewie's first game against Baylor was not that good (if I'm not mistaken she scored 7 points in that game). It will be very interesting to see how Paige reacts to such a game with an elite defender (Didi) on her. I would think that after some opening minutes jitters she'll do her thing and be great!

Reaction Score
Well, Stewie's first game against Baylor was not that good (if I'm not mistaken she scored 7 points in that game). It will be very interesting to see how Paige reacts to such a game with an elite defender (Didi) on her. I would think that after some opening minutes jitters she'll do her thing and be great!
She scored 0 and played 7 minutes

Reaction Score
Paige will have to be somewhat selfish & be dominant for UConn to win. If not, UConn will be shooting from the perimeter all night, & Baylor will own both boards. Thats what happened in our defeats last year to the top teams.

Reaction Score
IMHO Paige will start a little antsy but quickly settle into her normal game!
Once she does settle in she will look for her own shot when available as Geno wants her to do, which will open up her passing game to teammates!
Also look for ONO and Edwards to have great games hustling down the court making Egbo and Smith chase them! UCONN has too much speed and athletic bodies for Baylor to contend with!
I also feel Anna and Evina have breakout games!
UCONN rises to the occasion and wins by 10+ points!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She scored 0 and played 7 minutes
Wasn’t that against Brittany Griner as a Senior? Also Odyssey Sims on that team, no shame there as that team was #1, this team, while very good and a top team, is not as good. Should be a good game if both teams play well. I think Edwards and Paige will shine!

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
When Geno talks about needing Aaliyah Edwards at the end of the season, it's for games like this.. So If both Edwards and Griffin perform to their capabilities, UConn will win this game going away.

As the leading scorer and the person with their hand on the Ball, Paige will garner a lot of attention early on from Baylor. We cannot afford to have a bad shooting game. Hopefully, there is balance scoring on our part, ( Liv 16pts, Christyn 16pts, Paige 18pts, Aaliyah 12pts, Aubrey 12pts, Anna 10pts, Evina 12 pts).

I'm not sure that we need any one person to dominate in games like these, we need a team effort and solid defense, especially on the boards.

Reaction Score
First thing we can’t compare her to anyone but Paige. Not Stewie not CD. This is a totally different Baylor team then recent years so 15+ 5+ rebounds 5+ assists. I just hope UConn as a team plays well if that’s the case Baylor as no chance.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I think this game comes down to fouls. Both teams have post players that need to stay on the court, but seem to have foul issues. Hoping we have refs that will let the girls play! Without the typical Baylor crowd, there is no home court advantage for Baylor. Paige will be fine against Didi, as Didi is still not 100%. I expect this will be a close game and a good game for both teams. Boards vs Outside Shooting; Defense vs Offense.

Reaction Score
Paige will have to be somewhat selfish & be dominant for UConn to win. If not, UConn will be shooting from the perimeter all night, & Baylor will own both boards. Thats what happened in our defeats last year to the top teams.

You aren't the first one to comment on Baylor's size. They stand 6'3" 6'2" and 6'1 across the line. That ain't dominant size. People, including Landers of ESPN, seem to forget that Cox was the post who dominated ONO last season.
Baylor is a really good rebounding team but so is UConn.

Reaction Score
I think a lot comes down to Carrington. She is a perimeter player who is capable of getting hot and hitting a lot of shots from different spots on the floor. If she can provide them a 20+ point game it could easily be a Baylor win.

However, I think we have more matchup issues for them. If Anna is playing the 4, she is going to draw one of their bigs to the perimeter, allowing ONO to have 1v1 coverage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom