Paige and Geno, The Not So Odd Couple | The Boneyard

Paige and Geno, The Not So Odd Couple

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This extensive piece from Mike Anthony, who visited Paige in Minnesota recently, is pretty terrific.

Just two small samples:

"She's not difficult to coach,” he said. “And she wants to be great. People who want to be great are willing to let you be demanding of them. She wants to be coached. And I can't say that about every kid today. … If a kid wants to be coached, then that kid is going to become a superstar. If you get a kid who is a great player in high school and they don't like to be coached, that kid is going nowhere.”

Her fingers ripping through one recruiting pitch after another on Twitter, Bueckers is relentless in the way she’s trying to convince Fudd, who plays at St. John’s High in Washington, D.C., to join her at UConn. The two became close friends as teammates with USA Basketball.

“I think she's a really good player and a really good person and I'm really close with her,” Bueckers said. “Yeah, I've tried to do everything I can. I mean, nobody else is recruiting her as hard as me. I just know her game so well. She’s a scoring guard, a scoring 2-guard, and a lot of point guards now are score-first. But I'm pass-first, and really unselfish, and I think that’s also UConn basketball. I just think she would [thrive] there. And she would be her best under Coach. I just think it's what's best for her. I don't know if she agrees.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom