Paige and Azzi courtside to see the Mystics. | The Boneyard

Paige and Azzi courtside to see the Mystics.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Glad to know they’re enjoying their offseason.

Nice but. just brought back that Christyn is injured. If she is around the cliub, maybe she would be joining Azzi and Paige in the stands although I guess her injury may prevent it?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Facebook Link. EDD playing

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Paige eating Nachos. Are they approved offseason UConn diet options, or does she have a Nacho maker as part of her NIL?:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
something tells me she can eat pretty much anything and everything without gaining a pound........
I would not mind seeing Paige gain some muscle weight.

Reaction Score
I would not mind seeing Paige gain some muscle weight.

Paige seems have more muscle than when she was a freshman, and love to show it lol. Gaining more won't hurt though

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Paige seems have more muscle than when she was a freshman, and love to show it lol. Gaining more won't hurt though

Amari Deberry in background behind the magazine.

Reaction Score
Game was on Facebook Live with a whopping 3.8 K viewers
It was also available through the WBNA League Pass.

Last year the average viewership for a regular season televised WNBA game was 306,000 (compared with 1.6 million for the just finished NBA regular season). Anyway, 306k is neither great nor horrible. The WNBA needs more games on television to grow the sport.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Ever since before Azzi came here, I have always enjoyed watching them together, whether it was playing or talking, it was always amusing. Their competitive nature with each other drives them to get better, and what we will see is something special going forward. This kind of relationship is rare in sports now a days, and we get to enjoy the show for at least two more years. The program is in good hands with these two and we will be lauding their performances, as will the rest of the WBB world.

Reaction Score
Game was on Facebook Live with a whopping 3.8 K viewers
and then we wonder why the lg has to cut players. Just not a good enough product for ppl to tune in.
Above I tried to balance out these negative statements by saying that when a WNBA game is on TV, the average viewership is 306,000. As for the Aces-Mystics game, I just looked up the number of viewers on Facebook. It’s listed on Facebook itself. The number of viewers was 30k, not 3.8k.

Husky fanatic and jchusky, I’m not criticizing you personally. I might not always agree with you, but I like reading your posts.

In general, I wish people would spend more time watching the WNBA and reading news about it rather than making clichéd criticism. Also, it’s important to recognize that basketball in general is somewhat less popular than it used to be. In 2021 the NBA finals averaged 9.9 million viewers. In 1998, Jordan’s last year with the Bulls, the average finals viewership was 29 million. Average NBA viewership has declined since the 1990s.

In my opinion there are multiple reasons why the WNBA loses $10 million a year. Is it not a good enough product? If that’s true, then they should give up. But I don’t believe it, and I enjoy watching the games.

Sue Bird in 2020 gave one of the most depressing suggestions for why the WNBA lacks support: « To be blunt it’s the demographic of who’s playing. Women’s soccer players generally are cute little white girls while WNBA players, we’re all shapes and sizes: a lot of Black, gay, tall women. There’s maybe an intimidation factor and people are quick to judge it and put it down. »

One bit of hope. The WNBA is about to be hit with a tidal wave of young social media, NIL stars, a phenomenon the league has never experienced. Paige and Azzi and others are going to bring a lot of eyeballs to the WNBA. If the product is good, the financials will improve.

Reaction Score
Above I tried to balance out these negative statements by saying that when a WNBA game is on TV, the average viewership is 306,000. As for the Aces-Mystics game, I just looked up the number of viewers on Facebook. It’s listed on Facebook itself. The number of viewers was 30k, not 3.8k.

Husky fanatic and jchusky, I’m not criticizing you personally. I might not always agree with you, but I like reading your posts.

In general, I wish people would spend more time watching the WNBA and reading news about it rather than making clichéd criticism. Also, it’s important to recognize that basketball in general is somewhat less popular than it used to be. In 2021 the NBA finals averaged 9.9 million viewers. In 1998, Jordan’s last year with the Bulls, the average finals viewership was 29 million. Average NBA viewership has declined since the 1990s.

In my opinion there are multiple reasons why the WNBA loses $10 million a year. Is it not a good enough product? If that’s true, then they should give up. But I don’t believe it, and I enjoy watching the games.

Sue Bird in 2020 gave one of the most depressing suggestions for why the WNBA lacks support: « To be blunt it’s the demographic of who’s playing. Women’s soccer players generally are cute little white girls while WNBA players, we’re all shapes and sizes: a lot of Black, gay, tall women. There’s maybe an intimidation factor and people are quick to judge it and put it down. »

One bit of hope. The WNBA is about to be hit with a tidal wave of young social media, NIL stars, a phenomenon the league has never experienced. Paige and Azzi and others are going to bring a lot of eyeballs to the WNBA. If the product is good, the financials will improve.
idk man when the Wnba was the best imo, my fave players to watch were Lisa Leslie, Swoopes, Tina Thompson. Those players were just so ahead of their time skilled wise. They all were black, again I don't look at race and if someone is attractive to watch a sport maybe that's just me tho.

Reaction Score
Attendance-3,082.
There you have it.
Get your education.
Continue through your Masters on their dime.
not only that that arena looks so awful and old, I have seen hs gyms with better lighting. The fact that they got ran out of capital one arena is also a bad look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom