PAC12...Larry Scott | The Boneyard

PAC12...Larry Scott

Reaction Score
I couldn't find the thread discussing Larry Scott and the Pac-12 conference issues. This article well worth the read is certainly an eye-opener.

A tidbit - the SEC pays $1 a year for their headquarters in Birmingham. The Pac-12 pays considerably more for their now empty headquarters in San Francisco.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One dollar a year for the SEC HQ. There's surely more to that story than what's publicly known.

Not counting the "deferred rent", the Pac-12's HQ price tag of $6.9 million last year equates to approximately $1 per 4.5 seconds.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
One dollar a year for the SEC HQ. There's surely more to that story than what's publicly known.

Not counting the "deferred rent", the Pac-12's HQ price tag of $6.9 million last year equates to approximately $1 per 4.5 seconds.
What, exactly, is deferred rent? If, as I suspect, it is just "rent" not yet paid (you assume to be better able to afford in the future), it goes from waste-full to its one unique classification of obscene in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Great line "unique classification of obscene."

Were it only unique. Sadly this type of behavior and result seems to be increasing problem of the principal-agent relationship. Larry Scott is merely one of the most glaring examples of this classification of obscene.

What is curious to me is that the institutions making up the Pac-12 or more accurately the athletic directors or presidents continue to allow this to happen.

Reaction Score

Supposedly, the $1 rent is incentive to stay in Birmingham..

The SEC's landlord is the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Com-plex.

The SEC leases its 30,000-square-foot headquarters across from the BJCC for $1 a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom