P5 G5 Brought Up On Tim Brando Show Today | The Boneyard

P5 G5 Brought Up On Tim Brando Show Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...today it was a topic of discussion with a guy from the SEC network, then it was with Tim himself (Tim was off today and was out in Los Angeles but came on as a guest...). The guy from the SEC network basically said that the AAC is a good league and may push itself into the spotlight with the way they can get that 4th spot. He also said that there are teams in the AAC that spend more revenue on football and put more effort into football than a majority of the P-5 schools. I found it interesting the passion this guy had while talking about the subject...especially since his dog in this fight is considered the biggest on the block.

Reaction Score
Maybe the guy actually cares for the future of football.
The destruction of all but the P5 will ultimately marginalized his sport.
Continued domination is not the same a destruction. The latter is the current course of the P5. Some type of inclusion will help all.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The SEC Network guy can expect his walking papers some time in the next 48 hours. That kind of heresy will not be tolerated.

Reaction Score

If this stuff doesn't get talked about publicly, then the general sports fan accepts the narrative that ALL G5 schools, are lesser than P5 bottom feeders. Far too many bottom P5 schools are just collecting P5 paychecks. Now I've always said that any school could win big with the right coach so right now two of those check cashers (Baylor with Bridles and Duke with Cutcliffe) are having their moment in the sun. Wake had their run but that ran out, Indiana has never had theirs and MISSISSIPPI has learned that Cutcliffe was a good coach they fired.

Its good to see the obvious stated. The proof will be the next time this league negotiates a TV contract. They need to separate from the other G5 leagues more than gaining on the P5 leagues which I don't think will ever happen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If this stuff doesn't get talked about publicly, then the general sports fan accepts the narrative that ALL G5 schools, are lesser than P5 bottom feeders. Far too many bottom P5 schools are just collecting P5 paychecks. Now I've always said that any school could win big with the right coach so right now two of those check cashers (Baylor with Bridles and Duke with Cutcliffe) are having their moment in the sun. Wake had their run but that ran out, Indiana has never had theirs and MISSISSIPPI has learned that Cutcliffe was a good coach they fired.

Its good to see the obvious stated. The proof will be the next time this league negotiates a TV contract. They need to separate from the other G5 leagues more than gaining on the P5 leagues which I don't think will ever happen.
I don't see us getting a great contract. If you are ESPN, why bother?

pj

Reaction Score

The more ESPN migrates content from P5 schools to conference networks, the more it needs G5 content for ESPNU.

Reaction Score
It will never be great. It would be nice if there were some separation from the rest of the G5. Realistically, I think its the best you fan hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom