OWH: Recruiting Impact of XII Expansion on Nebraska | The Boneyard

OWH: Recruiting Impact of XII Expansion on Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Recruiting: The potential impact of Big 12 expansion on Nebraska and the Big Ten

"Nebraska recruiting effect:
None. UConn's recruiting footprint will likely remain just what it is, with perhaps some additional attention in Florida. It's hard to see the Huskies having much recruiting success in Big 12 regions.

Big Ten recruiting effect: Negligible. UConn may flip a recruit or two away from Rutgers or Maryland. UConn would be added to the Big 12 to sucker ESPN into giving more attention, and for men's and women's basketball. UConn's football program is a “well, it's there” kind of addition, plus a recruiting partner for West Virginia. Connecticut is one of the favorites to join the Big 12, but it is an oddball fit in every way but basketball."

I think this is an interesting article not from a Nebraska perspective but from a Big XII voting member perspective. This is why I don't think UH gets in- look at TCU and their recruiting success. Now you want to add Houston?

Reaction Score
If we can flip 1 or 2 AND keep 1-2 top in state recruits a year, I'll take it. That's potentially 20 scholarships upgrades on the roster in any one year. I believe the impact will be a bigger uptick for us across the board.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The impact will also be us cutting into the Cuse and BC pool, as well as separating ourselves from the Temples of the world. #Uptick.

Reaction Score
Does this get UConn at least a foot in the door to recruit Texas? Obviously if Texas or TAMU come calling we won't win that battle, but they like to say how Texas is such a recruiting hotbed that, at least to me, it can only help us pick up a couple more highly touted recruits.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The impact will also be us cutting into the Cuse and BC pool, as well as separating ourselves from the Temples of the world. #Uptick.

Absolutely. Biggest impact is on the northern ACC schools who were once our Big East competitors (I'd include Pitt as well) and our current AAC foes.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If we can flip 1 or 2 AND keep 1-2 top in state recruits a year, I'll take it. That's potentially 20 scholarships upgrades on the roster in any one year. I believe the impact will be a bigger uptick for us across the board.
The idea that we instantly become more attractive to 2 - 3 star kids in Big 12 country is big to me. Love to see what Bobby D can do with those guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The idea that we instantly become more attractive to 2 - 3 star kids in Big 12 is big to me. Love to see what Bobby D can do with those guys.

Word must be getting out. We just got a commit from an Illinois kid with offers from Iowa St and Louisville.

2017 UConn Commit #6 - Ian Swenson (Wilmette, Illinois)

2017 UConn Commit #6 - Ian Swenson (Wilmette, Illinois)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom