Overview of This Covid Ridden Season | The Boneyard

Overview of This Covid Ridden Season

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Alexa Philippou of the Courant has put out a lenghty article that deals with what's decided and what's up in the air , together with a lot of information on telecasting. Useful information.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm going to ask the obvious TV question: When SNY broadcasts a game, will ESPN carry it on their app or ESPN+ for viewers who are not in the SNY market? It wasn't mentioned in the article.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SNY games were on ESPN3 last season. ESPN+ games I think are for content they own

Reaction Score
I'm going to ask the obvious TV question: When SNY broadcasts a game, will ESPN carry it on their app or ESPN+ for viewers who are not in the SNY market? It wasn't mentioned in the article.

This year will be completely different than past years, Fox owns the rights to Big East basketball. In the past, ESPN owned the rights to AAC basketball, that is no longer the case and for them to carry any of UConn's Big East matchups they will have to purchase the rights from Fox, I don't see that happening.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This year will be completely different than past years, Fox owns the rights to Big East basketball. In the past, ESPN owned the rights to AAC basketball, that is no longer the case and for them to carry any of UConn's Big East matchups they will have to purchase the rights from Fox, I don't see that happening.
Last year almost all of the Big East games were on Fox networks and CBS Sports. Some of them were on ESPN3 but were local TV coverage like SNY. I think ESPN would be able to carry game done by SNY, but only on ESPN3, where it's free to viewers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom