Overreactions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Overreactions

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I think we should appease the mojo gods and switch from hot sauce to Rolling Rock.
They changed the formula for Rolling Rock. I think the owner changed too.
Rolling Rock used to be right there with Heiniken with that subtle skunky flavor. I have had many clear and green bottled beers over the years that have that. Decent, if fairly fresh. After a week or so in the light, super strong skunky smell and flavor. The nature of the beast.

The new formula Rolling Rock does not skunk. Not sure what they did or how they did it.

Also, does not taste as good.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Overreaction is exactly right. I was at a game years ago vs Providence in Hartford. We demolished them in the first half but we played a terrible second half and lost. Saint James Calhoun was our coach. I don’t believe we were missing key players. Bad games happen. We all thought not using Sanogo seemed strange. If a few foul shots had been made it would be a side note discussion and we’d be congratulating Hurley on 3 straight wins without his ace.

Reaction Score
I think we mightve understood Hurleys thought process if we had to watch Sanogo try to guard their 5 out.

Even though he obviously should've been given a chance.
With Sanogo and Whaley in the game, play zone on D, and let STJ take jump shots. We block every shot in the lane and clean up on the boards.

On offense drop it down to your big men who are being “guarded” by a guard. Then pound the offensive glass.

Simple.

Reaction Score
It’s not reasonable to expect so highly of this team without it’s leading scorer. Who is a dependable scorer without him? We have talent if they are on but I’m expecting a lot of pain until he hopefully comes back, otherwise it’s the bubble.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
With Sanogo and Whaley in the game, play zone on D, and let STJ take jump shots. We block every shot in the lane and clean up on the boards.

On offense drop it down to your big men who are being “guarded” by a guard. Then pound the offensive glass.

Simple.
It mightve worked, or they mightve torn up a style of defense we almost never play. Far from simple.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
St J was did not have their 2nd best player most of the game... so com'on, this loss not sitting well. We make our free throws and stay with the formula we had and we win!
And keep Sanogo in over Polley

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think we mightve understood Hurleys thought process if we had to watch Sanogo try to guard their 5 out.

It probably would be better for the fans if our beat writers would ask him some good tough questions too. We never have any concrete answers and they have any never follow up questions

Reaction Score
we were at home, national TV holiday game , favored by seven , pretty much in control for most of the game - and to lose like that - tough
This part was tough. I was at a clients house in Atlanta and watched him watch us blow the lead. I made the sale though. Silver lining.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Could not have been worse than what actually happened. IIRC, they drove the lane at will.

Reaction Score
It mightve worked, or they mightve torn up a style of defense we almost never play. Far from simple.
The needed response to STJ. was “simple”. Results of course aren’t guaranteed but definitely in our favor.

What we instead chose to do was match them small team to small team. They have the advantage doing in that style, so why do it? With Bouknight we can match small ball to small ball for a short stretch of game time. Without him, against a team like STJ, we can’t match up at all.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Know who you are, where your strengths and weaknesses lie. It is simple.

Reaction Score
They changed the formula for Rolling Rock. I think the owner changed too.
Rolling Rock used to be right there with Heiniken with that subtle skunky flavor. I have had many clear and green bottled beers over the years that have that. Decent, if fairly fresh. After a week or so in the light, super strong skunky smell and flavor. The nature of the beast.

The new formula Rolling Rock does not skunk. Not sure what they did or how they did it.

Also, does not taste as good.
Used to drink Rolling Rock all the time in college when it was in the short stubby bottles with the wide mouth. They then changed to the tall bottles with the painted labels and raised the price. Couldn't afford the price increase in college.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Used to drink Rolling Rock all the time in college when it was in the short stubby bottles with the wide mouth. They then changed to the tall bottles with the painted labels and raised the price. Couldn't afford the price increase in college.
whaaaat? no pbr in cans?
whattayou, a rockefeller? lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom