Overrated Chant | The Boneyard

Overrated Chant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very Classy! Especially on National Television. I cannot say how proud I am to be a UCONN fan when people like that chant... "Overrated". Really.... truly such a good feeling. :oops:

Pathetic. Sportsmanship. That is just not called for. Disagree all you want. But that just makes me sad.

Reaction Score
Agree especially with Blair being a complete class act and everything he has had to say about us! There can be times when a Coach,players have mouthed off,behaved in ways that fans are expressing reactions to such things! Not the case here,and as a rule let us be known as having class! Be classy winners,losers,on the court and off.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yup, but too late do change it now. I do wish it never happened anywhere.

Reaction Score
drunk college kids + last week of classes what do you expect from die hard uconn women's basketball fans lol

Reaction Score
Bush league and pathetic for sure.
Also, our fans are dumb enough to count down thc shot clock so that TAMU knows when to panic and get a shot off.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bush league and pathetic for sure.
Also, our fans are dumb enough to count down thc shot clock so that TAMU knows when to panic and get a shot off.
Generally speaking, when the student section does that, it's intentionally off from the actual time. So they'll be at say, seven when there only four seconds left, or at three when there are really six.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Generally speaking, when the student section does that, it's intentionally off from the actual time. So they'll be at say, seven when there only four seconds left, or at three when there are really six.
Warms the heart of an old con man. Harry the Hat would be proud.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
one guy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up on the student section yelled it AND the "followers" followed (student) just behind the basket.

for the record.... Geno gave them the business after the game (while handing out the raffle stuff), he didnt like it at all. After Geno spoke, the whole audienced applauded him!

Reaction Score
Are you sure?
I didn't notice that.

Reaction Score
Actually, the student section didn't start it, but they sure picked up on it. It was some doofus in the lower bowl behind the students who yelled it. Geno told the student section during the fan appreciation drawing that the chant was definitely "not cool", and he hated when opposing fans did it to us. He said "not cool" several times.

Reaction Score
I don't care for the overrated chant either, especially considering we're the #2 team and they're only seven. If the men beat down on #1 Kentucky or something like that, I'd be all for it, but in this instance it's crap. As for the student section counting down the shot clock for the opposing team, yes it's always off. I always like to start at 10 when there's 6 seconds left in the shot clock.

Reaction Score
It's not a great chant. But people don't get all sensitive like this about Men's basketball..

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Are you sure?
I didn't notice that.
yes he's correct, it makes them think they have MORE time than they actually do
they will say 8... when its actually 4 left on the "shot clock"

Reaction Score
yes he's correct, it makes them think they have MORE time than they actually do
they will say 8... when its actually 4 left on the "shot clock"
So they don't catch on to it after a while?

Reaction Score
So they don't catch on to it after a while?

Trust me, it works very effectively!! :p I think they just get so nervous that the clock is running down that they don't bother looking up to see the exact time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Trust me, it works very effectively!! :p I think they just get so nervous that the clock is running down that they don't bother looking up to see the exact time.
I agree it works, throw numbers out there while you're trying to run a play, look at the clock, make a pass or take the shot.

seems easy when you're sitting in your chair but on the court its a different thing.

Reaction Score
drunk college kids + last week of classes what do you expect from die hard uconn women's basketball fans lol
Wow... what an offensive post. Saying that the students were drunk... at a game in Hartford off campus... and how were they getting back? Drunk driving? Great idea. Also, last week of classes... they should be studying. Your comments are insulting to all people who went through finals sober... and where were basketball fans as students. Quit while you are behind...

Reaction Score
It'd just be nice to put a stop to the chant. And against TAMU, of all the teams, Sheesh.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are you sure?
I didn't notice that.

Not sure how it escaped your notice, but it's been happening in roughly every college game every where for the last decade or so.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's not a great chant. But people don't get all sensitive like this about Men's basketball..
Actually this conversation went the same way it would have on the men's board. For what it is worth, although I don't particularly like the chant either, I understand it situationally.
If you are playing your hate rival and he's highly ranked and you are not - go ahead and break it out, particularly if you haven't had a lot of success yourself. Fans of successful programs should not break it out.

Reaction Score
Wow... what an offensive post. Saying that the students were drunk... at a game in Hartford off campus... and how were they getting back? Drunk driving? Great idea. Also, last week of classes... they should be studying. Your comments are insulting to all people who went through finals sober... and where were basketball fans as students. Quit while you are behind...

........................Cool Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul