Over/Under 3 years for Shady's coaching tenure in NFL | The Boneyard

Over/Under 3 years for Shady's coaching tenure in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Definately under. He is a horrible coach! He has been a pretty solid recruiter and salesmen for the program...but his coaching is horrible. I cannot believe that TB would hire him...absolutely ridiculous. I guess the Rutgers hype machine really does influence a lot of people who really aren't paying attention.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
....the sad part is, he has a very young and talented team down in Tampa Bay.

...maybe he draft Sanu at the top of the draft!:)

Reaction Score
perhaps the real question is: When he fails in the NFL, will Rutgers take him back?!?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's some mighty fine schadenfreude... Schiano Has A Lot To Offer -- But Not To Buccaneers
This is nothing personal against Greg Schiano, so please don't take it this way, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers making him their head coach is one of the worst coaching moves of the past 10 years, if not longer.

To borrow a phrase: There's a mistake, then a joke, then six feet of sludge, then below all of that is this hire.

Greg Schiano? That's the best the Buccaneers could do? Schiano? Really? Brad Childress wasn't available? Somewhere Jim Zorn is saying: "Hell, I shoulda dropped my name in there."

Schiano: fine man. Good human being. Not ready for this kind of move. Not in any way. Not even close.

This is a panic move by the jilted Buccaneers, who just got smacked in the face by Chip Kelly, who said he was going to Tampa, then he wasn't, then he was ... or something like that. This is a franchise that stays in a perennial state of jilted -- remember Bill Parcells? -- and they might be a tad sensitive. So they went for the sure thing, a guy they knew wouldn't turn them down.

This move harkens back to the days of the Yuccaneers.
LOL... it still corrects T a m p a to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak