Over the air TV reception at the Rent? | The Boneyard

Over the air TV reception at the Rent?

Reaction Score
It's almost football season so I'm looking to bulk up my tailgate. I've been looking at a smaller generator to power a TV but with cell data limits the signal would have to come from an over the air (OTA) antenna.

Has anyone used OTA antenna at Rentschler and how's the service? I'm trying to figure out if the effort is even worth it.

Thanks!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's almost football season so I'm looking to bulk up my tailgate. I've been looking at a smaller generator to power a TV but with cell data limits the signal would have to come from an over the air (OTA) antenna.

Has anyone used OTA antenna at Rentschler and how's the service? I'm trying to figure out if the effort is even worth it.

Thanks!
I have and it works decently well! Granted I'm using an awful HDTV antenna, so you may have better success.

Instead of a generator I've been powering the TV off of an inverter plugged in to the car. I try not to overdue it since I would like to get home after the game but no issues so far.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Thanks!

I have - it's mostly smooth sailing. WTNH/WCTX are tougher than the others, but not impossible.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=e6a46deac6b17e tells you what you can expect.

Let me know if you're looking for something in particular.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Thanks!

A $10 radio shack antenna will pick up all the local Hartford stations (ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS) in HD. Don't overthink itvwithvall these fancy antennas, there is great line of sight from East Hartford.

Look at an invertor running on a deep cycle marine battery if you dont want to spend on a generator

Reaction Score
A decent Antenna will work fine unless you park where the stadium obscures line of sight badly. Car inverter and a jump start battery for your car might be best. The problem for us is a lack of late afternoon or Sat night home games where televised games precede ours. Post-game setting up seems like a bit of a pain for that purpose but is an option I guess.

Reaction Score
A $10 radio shack antenna will pick up all the local Hartford stations (ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS) in HD. Don't overthink itvwithvall these fancy antennas, there is great line of sight from East Hartford.

Look at an invertor running on a deep cycle marine battery if you dont want to spend on a generator
ABC is from New Haven, and will be a little worse, but I'm sure there is one in Springfield too that might be better.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! As far as the generator questions I ended up getting a Portable Solar Generator for under $200. It's essentially a 60,000 mAh battery that can provide 250 watt and be recharged via wall, car, or solar.

It should last for 4-6 running a decent sized TV, is quiet, and about the size of football. It won't do anything massive like a heater or huge air compressor but any electronics or even a small fridge should work well.

Reaction Score
Years ago we had a small tv with a built in antenna with a converter to plug in our car. We were parked behind the video board and it worked fine, on certain stations.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! As far as the generator questions I ended up getting a Portable Solar Generator for under $200. It's essentially a 60,000 mAh battery that can provide 250 watt and be recharged via wall, car, or solar.

It should last for 4-6 running a decent sized TV, is quiet, and about the size of football. It won't do anything massive like a heater or huge air compressor but any electronics or even a small fridge should work well.

Great solution and you can further cement it as a good spend w/ the start of the hurricane season. Thinking of the family!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom