Outlow | The Boneyard

Outlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can commit on a day other than National Signing Day? Interesting.

Reaction Score
If he really has an offer with Ohio St, then watch out, if a program like that wants him, they'll get him. Let's wait and see if he camps anywhere.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Time to move on as there are three other good backs in Connecticut and a number of others who UConn is following.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the real question is why did it take us to last week to offer. everyone here knew about him last summer. staff out to lunch. horay!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Maybe just maybe, UConn had other backs rated higher on there board

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Maybe just maybe, UConn had other backs rated higher on there board

who? and what were the chances we land that rb. kid is a legit 6ft big back. not a small apb. wanted to stay local close to home even tho every program possible offered. florida and tosu types were talking. but uconn has higher rated backs on the chart????

we didn't recruit him until late. staff blew it big time. everyone here knew about him last summer. the staff schould have known about him prior to us all. blew chumps.

landing some 1 like newsome is great and i hope we do get him. but were talking 2 different types of players here. uconn of late is struggling to recruit a big back that actually has other offers, let alone offers from the royal programs.

pretty quickly the stuf rb class just got a bit thiner this year. unless we land a thomas or mcalister with newsome, count me as upset over this. i'm not sure if he ends up going elsewhere down the road for a big boy, but he seems very interested in staying close to home. he passed on florida and tosu so there are not many bigger or better than that. dazzler just took a poop on our staff way to quick.

Reaction Score
ehhh.....BC seems to land a lot of recruits that never end up there.....

Reaction Score
ehhh.....BC seems to land a lot of recruits that never end up there.....
THIS! Who was the last exceptional back to play for the Thunder Chickens? Don't say Montell Harris. UConn has had much better backs than him in the last decade.

Reaction Score
Seriously these commitments a year away from NSD are just ridiculous. The whole Ogundeko drama from last year turned me off from following recruiting too closely.

Reaction Score
Frankly, the folks who follow the recruiting this closely and the recruiting sites in general are a classic symptom of a lot that is wrong with big-time college athletics. 17 year old kids, most of them anyway, are in way over their heads on thsi stuff and their are too many folks in the process to potentially take advantage of them. My 2 cents............

Reaction Score
I wonder if my program was in as bad of shambles as BC's, if I'd vindictively parade recruits over other programs in their message boards.

... eh, probably not. I still have some dignity left.

pj

Reaction Score
Frankly, the folks who follow the recruiting this closely and the recruiting sites in general are a classic symptom of a lot that is wrong with big-time college athletics. 17 year old kids, most of them anyway, are in way over their heads on thsi stuff and their are too many folks in the process to potentially take advantage of them. My 2 cents............

Beg to differ. You don't have real fans until they're following recruiting. It's just like in baseball, the best fans follow the "Hot Stove League" through the offseason and fantasize about being the general manager; and the most fanatical NFL fans follow the draft and roast their GMs for picks they disagree with; and fans play fantasy leagues in which they draft their own teams. UConn needs to get to the point where thousands of people in the state are following UConn football recruiting and the newspapers feel they have to give regular updates.

I see no reason why fan interest should be harmful to the college kids.

By the way, BCEagles24, thanks for sharing the news. I appreciate your info, even when it's disappointing for us. Congratulations on your big pickup.

Reaction Score
Shai Mckenzie: (4*) 6'0/212
Robert Martin: 6'0/190
Brice McAllister: 5'11/195
Johnathan Thomas: 5'11/195
David Hood: 5'11/190
J.T. Blyden: 5'10/190

I'm sure there will be a lot more RB's added to the list in time. I understand HFD the staff takes there time offering big time talent with in-state recruits, but as you can see on the list above there's a grand of talented big backs still available. I would rather have a back that wants to play for Uconn, who is talented, rather than a kid who signs with our rivals (BC). I really don't understand why a kid from CT would rather play for our rivalry school than represent there home state school though, it's ridiculous IMO.

Reaction Score
Shai Mckenzie: (4*) 6'0/212
Robert Martin: 6'0/190
Brice McAllister: 5'11/195
Johnathan Thomas: 5'11/195
David Hood: 5'11/190
J.T. Blyden: 5'10/190

I'm sure there will be a lot more RB's added to the list in time. I understand HFD the staff takes there time offering big time talent with in-state recruits, but as you can see on the list above there's a grand of talented big backs still available. I would rather have a back that wants to play for Uconn, who is talented, rather than a kid who signs with our rivals (BC). I really don't understand why a kid from CT would rather play for our rivalry school than represent there home state school though, it's ridiculous IMO.

any kid in high school now doesnt think of BC "our rivalry school", as you put it. They dont remember them in the Big East and we never play them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom