Out of the Wilderness | The Boneyard

Out of the Wilderness

Reaction Score
I'll make specific comments on the post game thread. But there are a couple things that need to be said from a fifty thousand foot level.

I was not expecting this result against Buffalo. A very good team. How could someone argue otherwise?

I dragged my long suffering wife of almost 45 years along. She was a gamer and said OK. We both had a great time and agreed that this team -- dare I say it? -- feels a lot like 2010 or at least 2009.

There is a bunch of stuff that needs cleaning up, no team is perfect. But this team has a workmanlike feel to it. Anything from 7-5 to 9-3 or even 10-2 are in play depending on how they focus for the rest of the season and how the injury thing plays out. But I think they have the potential to be that good.

Reaction Score
Most air and car accidents occur after the first few 100 hours of operating the vehicle because they feel confident and loose vigilance and are not equipped to handle unexpected events … the cure is knowing you’ve slipped into the danger zone. UConn is in zone and must keep the hyper-focused edge.

Reaction Score
Most air and car accidents occur after the first few 100 hours of operating the vehicle because they feel confident and loose vigilance and are not equipped to handle unexpected events … the cure is knowing you’ve slipped into the danger zone. UConn is in zone and must keep the hyper-focused edge.
Excited Top Gun Maverick GIF by Top Gun

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Flown by Frank Weisser, a now retired Navy pilot, who spent part of his time in the Navy as a pilot with the Blue Angels.

Weisser: I flew with Tom for the scene in the middle of the movie where he steals the jet and runs the canyon to prove the mission can be done at the right speed and time. It’s just me and Tom there, and we were as low as I felt comfortable going. The lowest we generally go as Navy fighter pilots is 200 feet, and that’s only when you’re proficient at flying low. We were told that the head of all of Naval aviation had authorized slightly lower than that for us. When we flew over the salt flats - the Lawrence of Arabia scene, where you see a cloud of dust in the distance, then a jet roaring over your head - that was me out of Fallon [Nevada] and quite a bit less than 200 feet off of the ground. As for our wingtips, I can’t tell you how far they were from the canyon walls, because we don’t have anything that measures that. But I can say I felt it was safe from sight pictures I had seen flying in close formation with the Blue Angels. The distance the wingtips were from the cliffs was probably less than 20 feet.

Reaction Score
I don’t see 3 more loses on the schedule. 7-5 would be a bummer right now. Goal should be to run the table. Cuse is likely the only game we won’t be favorited.

Gotta assume one boneheaded loss. I'm feeling 8-4 going into a bowl game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I dragged my long suffering wife of almost 45 years along.
Hmmm, you are, apparently, significantly older than I thought you were.

Reaction Score
Hmmm, you are, apparently, significantly older than I thought you were.
Just passed a decade milestone. Not many more downhills on the Narrow Gage left.

Btw, that icon is not me. That is Darin Ralves in Bormio in the race that I think he and Bode tied for gold in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gotta assume one boneheaded loss. I'm feeling 8-4 going into a bowl game.
And the entropy that boneheaded loss will generate will be through the roof. How quickly our standards have risen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom