Out of Curiosity | The Boneyard

Out of Curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Since 1998, how many "MUST HAVE" recruits did we Swing and Miss on, that went on to Win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? I know since that date, Calhoun has taken 4 teams to the FF and bagged 3 Titles. I vaguely remember a handful of names: Hawes, Pondexter, Scott, Dlamb, Selvy, Knight, Joesph, THarris, Jennings etc etc.

I type this on the heels of Purvis "staying home". I will admit, of coarse I wanted a New Toy (Purvis) in UConn's stable of players. Then again, I want everything JC wants. Shoot I'll even eat spinach, if that's the vegetable Coach prefers. But let's be honest, lots of kids say......I'm comfortable here, with this guy, this team, this state/conference. I want to win, showcase my skills etc. Fact of the matter is, thus far UConn has won despite their recruiting (misses).

Reaction Score
I wouldnt say any of those were must have. After a couple champions we have chilled a bit I would say. In the must have and miss column are people like Ike and Bass, but we would not get that way about the likes of them now. Championships really make you realize that it gets done, there is always another player out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom