out of bounds rule | The Boneyard

out of bounds rule

Reaction Score
multiple announcers have stated an player out of bounds cannot be the first person to the touch the ball even when the player did not have the ball. I thought a player without the ball who reestablishes himself on the court is ok to do so.

Reaction Score
Yes. I think he just needs to get 2 feet back on the court before he can touch the ball. I could be wrong though

Reaction Score
The difference is when going for a rebound or whatever happens in the normal course of the game you just need to re-establish a foot in bounds. What happened in the ISU/Wisconsin game is the offensive player ran out of bounds purposely to get separation from the defender, which is when you can't be the first to touch the ball

Reaction Score
multiple announcers have stated an player out of bounds cannot be the first person to the touch the ball even when the player did not have the ball. I thought a player without the ball who reestablishes himself on the court is ok to do so.

They tend to get that wrong. I don't have my rulebook on me but basically you can't run out of bounds on purpose (say, to get around a screen)... otherwise as long as you establish yourself inbounds you're good.

Almost positive but not 100% on this rule

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom