Our week in review | The Boneyard

Our week in review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aggregating the two games:

TERRIFIC: Lewis, Faris, Banks, and two wins in two tries against two tough teams.

SOME RUNS, SOME HITS, SOME ERRORS: Stewart

NO RUNS, NO HITS, NO ERRORS: Buck (not even an appearance of note, against two big rugged teams?)

A FEW MINUTES OF SPARKLE: Jefferson

LESS THAN MEDIOCRE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER: Stokes, Dolson (back outside to the three point line; nothing doing down low....and this after a great few games early on doing exactly the opposite, where we looked to be almost unbeatable), Hartley (boink, boink, boink, abort the flow of the offense, shoot....and miss), Tuck (almost mirroring Stokes since the exhibition season re intensity and focus, while forcing shots in addition ), Doty (my girl), score margin forecasters (yet I remain in awe at your guts and your overall forecasting record over time...but you had a very subpar week collectively)

DISAPPOINTING: most all players except the Terrific Three......didn't think any of the others played really good ball; defensive rebounding continues to be punk; foul shooting still seems to be less than what I expected as a team...though I say that without checking the stats); some personnel decisions (including but not limited to disrupting the starting five)

CAUSE FOR ELATION: getting these two wins with most of the team not really being near their best

DISGUSTING: officiating.

\

Reaction Score
Cannot disagree with anything you've said. Certainly the officiating would have made Bonita Spence proud. I've never seen anything like what that crew dished out tonight. I was most impressed with Faris and Banks. I'm a huge Dolson fan, but it appears that some teams have figured out a way to neutralize her, in spite of Stewart's presence. There has to be a strategy to employ both of them that will work against the better teams, not just College of Charleston and its ilk.

Reaction Score
Dolson and Stewart could never gain decent position because PS packed in 3 players and clutched and pushed them without fouils being called.
Refs have got to make these calls off the ball or someone is going to get really hurt

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I do wish Geno would let the starting five he established play more together. They need time to gel as a unit. Obviously Geno knows more than I do, but that is my perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom