Our two leaders in 3-point percentage... | The Boneyard

Our two leaders in 3-point percentage...

Reaction Score
Akok Akok at 56% (his percentage actually dropped a bit after shooting 2 of 4 yesterday lol) and Andre Jackson at 44%! Who would have thought??

Obviously Akok is not going to shoot that percentage for the season but with his ability and shot selection, I would not be surprised if that number stayed above 40% for the season. I thought last night was the first time all season we've seen him really hunting three's. He took two or three contested shots after making the first open one. It seemed like prior to last night most of his attempts were completely wide open looks.

It was great to see Andre shoot with no hesitation for the first basket of the game, and both of the shots vs. Providence were much needed. He passed up some great looks early in the season, so clearly he is feeling more confident in his shot these days. I don't really expect Andre to shoot 40% for the season, but it's a nice devlopment that he is taking the shots now.

Our leaders in made three-point shots right now are Cole with 25 and Polley with 21. No one else has more than 10, so these guys are clearly shooting a much higher volume. Both Cole and Polley are shooting around 30% for the year. Polley is actually second to last on the team in 3-point percentage. Have to believe that number is going to go up, which will be big for our team.

Reaction Score
It’s really too bad Akok can’t get himself more involved in the offense other than setting screens, handing off the ball, and the occasional 3. I’m hoping there’s more offense in his future

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Akok Akok at 56% (his percentage actually dropped a bit after shooting 2 of 4 yesterday lol) and Andre Jackson at 44%! Who would have thought??

Obviously Akok is not going to shoot that percentage for the season ...
I duuno, didn't we all this the same about senior year Giffey?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom